Search results

1. W

Differences between Shimano Hydraulic olive and inserts

From what I've been able to figure from using both on the same systems as availability has been poor at times. The BH90 is made as the XTR of barbs, slightly shorter for weight and a slightly larger bore through the middle to have less restriction on fluid flow. Neither have created a...
  2. W

The Single Speed Thread

lol, I really should fill out my warranty ;) Niner has always been good with any issues I've ever had, not concerned.
  3. W

The Single Speed Thread

Is that in regards to 2x setups or something else ? Post shouldn't be far off now :D
  4. W

The Single Speed Thread

Same but different, had steel and alloy rigid previously but thought I'd try something a bit different. I know it won't be to everyone's taste :P ps. Waiting on RDO seat post.
  5. W

Chain reaction cycles

I did an order last Thursday and had it yesterday (Monday). Very impressed and they were cheaper than Wiggle which hasn't happened for a while on what I've been after.
  6. W

Qld- Nerang trail status

I don't think Kokoda is on this weekend. Ridgeline adventures are hosting the last of their adventure race series called "The Culminator" and it's a rogaine style event so there will be random people riding and walking all over the place in there with maps in their faces looking for check...
  7. W

Qld- Nerang trail status

Also a heads-up that there is an 8 hour adventure race on that will be using the Nerang forest area for mountain biking and trail walking / running this Saturday the 13th. Mountain bikers with map boards don't usually dodge oncoming strava chasers very well ;)
  8. W

Kooralbyn dh track???

Opps, I was thinking of Fellcrag. Kooralbyn was at the golf club between Beaudesert and Rathdowny by memory !
  9. W

SCHWALBE TYRES MEGATHREAD: read this thread before posting new ones

On the Maxxis Ikon Exo side I had never had issues until I went to them ! I was running Crossmark, Aspen and Advantage folding tyres (non ust) with stans and never ever had a problem until I went to the Ikon EXO's. Torn sidewall at Freedom marathon but thought I'd not pass verdict too soon...
  10. W

Crank Brothers Cobalt SL Headset

I've been through 3 in the last 2 years, loved the weight and stack height but they really do not last well ! That's on an XC bike too so I wouldn't expect much for DH use. I've gone to Chris King although heavier and a good increase in stack height I'm hoping for a long usable life from it !
  11. W

Parts for ASHIMA brakes

I had a set on my single speed but threw them in the bin after a couple of months of constant issues ! Being a diaphram rather than a piston you'd think they would center well and not drag but I was wrong and several shops could get no love out of them... So they went into the wheelie bin :(...
  12. W

Wildside 2012

Entered the wife and I this morning :D Now to sort out the logistics of it all :confused:
  13. W

Backpacks for a days ride?

Have a look at the Evoc range, I use a freeride trail model for full day outings, really comfortable even with a heap of weight (I often carry a hefty DSLR camera and first aid kit). The model I have also has a CE certified back protector, a special place for all your tools/tubes, sunglass...
  14. W

So I'll be booking a DH trip to NZ very shortly... here's why.

Vertigo have built a beautiful new track down the last 3/4's of the mountain but it's been closed for the last 2 months due to weather ! I was there between Xmas and New Year and had a good play on their allready great runs but this new one looks soo nice. I have a feeling they will probably...
  15. W

Glowworm

:cool: Twin set, love em !
  16. W

XT 10 speed: the wrap?

I've done 400k's in the last two weekends on the 3x10 XT and haven't had any issues (it has been dry conditions). I have the 11-36 rear cassette but run a 29er so it gives a great spread without being too low. On a 26" I think you should only opt for the 36 if you were going to run a twin front...
  17. W

Shimano 10 sp Dyna Sys upgrade question

It's allready available in Australia, I have a complete DynaSys 3x10 now, just awaiting my new frame and 2011 fox F29RLC forks will be arriving next week....
  18. W

All mountain-dirtjump-freeride bike...is there such a thing?

Morewood Mbuzi ! # Great all mountain bike ! # Jumps sweet as ! # Great for downhill, only looses a bit of ground on a full DH rig in grarly rock gardens ! I have full saint groupo, fox 36rc2's and a joplin seat post....... ready for absolutely anything :D
  19. W

Maxxis Bling Bling or High Roller

And Bling Blings are only a single ply casing so don't mention rock gardens around them :mad: Oh so many pinch flats ! Great for groomed tracks tho :)
  20. W

Post your all mountain/ light freeride bike

My Morewood Mbuzi I like a double front setup with 24 / 36 combo. Haven't had the chain come off or play up yet !