Search results

1. smitho

Amish’d you..

I did the same, came off an Insurgent onto the Druid (albeit without a lapse in the middle). I have no doubt you’ll love it. It’s such an insanely versatile bike. Every talks about how it descends with 130mm, but it’s also an insanely capable technical climber. I often ride with a mate on an...
  2. smitho

AM Marketing Hype Box Ticking

It’s fine. i think it balances out the braking a bit better. Are you running a mulet setup? I had Hope Tech 3s on it before which had noticeably less power than the Tech 4s. I feel like with the extra grab theres a bit more leeway to give up some on the rear in pursuit of balance. That said...
  3. smitho

Mystic MTB - Bright

Seems that there's some movement to shifting operation of the park to a commercial operator. On one hand, having ridden up there a couple of weeks ago it is sorely in need of some significant maintenance beyond the more high profile trails. It's also a pretty steep entry price when you consider...
  4. smitho

La Larr Ba Gauwa Park, Harcourt. Any info??

Anyone have some inside knowledge on when this might be opening up? Looking to plan a couple of away rides before the end of the year and hoping these will be freshly minted. Had been planned to re-open in October, but most recent Facebook post in late-Oct indicated they were running a bit...
  5. smitho

Transition 'Budgie' Smuggler

The Forbidden's are notably porky - my Druid clocked in a 15.9 albeit with coil front and back. Haven't reweighed it with the new bits and pieces but it's still a pretty hefty trail bike.
  6. smitho

AM Mega Murmur

Thought on the Tacky Chan so far? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. smitho

SRAM X01 Eagle Shifter diagram

Finally got this sorted. I bought an X01 shifter of facebook where the lever and coiled spring had come out and the owner couldn't figure out how to get it back in. Disassembled it piece by piece alongside my GX shifter and figured out how it all went together. Turned out it was missing a...
  8. smitho

Update time. The drivetrain finally gave out - the cassette after some long hard service across two bikes - which kickstarted a bit of a refresh. I tried to take some of the resistance out of the high pivot drivetrain. Alongside the new chain, cassette and chainring, I fitted a Garbaruk...
  9. smitho

Newly Released Bikes General

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CyjYQvyrPOK/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA== Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. smitho

Mt Beauty trail advice

I’m heading up to Mt Beauty for Cup Day long weekend. I can’t even make sense of the trail map on a screen, let alone on the ground. Any suggestions for a couple of decent loops that take in the highlights other than what was suggested above a few years ago? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. smitho

Online retailers trusted/scammers

Has anyone found a way around the SRAM geoblock for items from Europe - other than getting it posted to someone you know in Europe? Onshippers etc. Possibly an on shipper in a country that is outside the Euro VAT, then only cop GST on the way into Aus. R2 bike have a stupid good deal on at the...
  12. smitho

A triple ring high pivot would be a first...
  13. smitho

So I have a SRAM X01 Eagle shifter where the lever assembly has come out. Despite my best efforts to get it back in, I think I'll need to fully disassemble and reassemble. Does anyone have a link to an exploded diagram or online guide to doing it? Thought I'd at least ask before following my...
  14. smitho

VIC Fox SLS 450lb Spring

Item: Fox SLS 450lb x 2.4in/61mm Coil Spring Price: $75 plus plus postage Condition: Fair. Marks and wear from use. Location: Melbourne Reason for Sale: No longer have a Fox shock. Other Info: RRP from Cyclinic is $199.
  15. smitho

In a mark of my indecision I’ve flipped back and ordered an EXT. What tipped me over the line is that it can be reconfigured to different strokes and lengths. There’ll inevitably be a be a new frame in the next year or two and if I’m dropping this much cash on it, I’d rather be able to hang on...
  16. smitho

That’s good to know. Unfortunately I spent last night watching videos of the noise the EXT makes and I think I’ve swing back the other way in favour of the Hover… Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. smitho

Cheers - appreciate the offer. Postage actually isnt too expensive and seems like most Intend stuff slips on through customs. I'm leaning towards the EXT in any event. I had the DHX2 in a pretty good place and I like the feel of the coil on it. Only downside of the DHX2 was the lack of bottom...
  18. smitho

The other option is the Push 11-6. It’s quite a bit heavier though and it’s just a generic tune to suit the Druid. They won’t customise to suit the Cascade Link. They’re on sale at the moment and quite a bit cheaper (at least compared to the EXT). NSR will custom tune it to suit. Have thought...
  19. smitho

New shock time: Intend Hover Gamechanger or EXT Storia V3? Price difference between the two isn't really the issue as the Storia is only $50 more. I already have the correct weight spring and the Pinner Machine Shop spacer to make the Storia fit the Cascade Components linkage. Good local...
  20. smitho

beautiful bikes - post them here

As a Forbidden rider with a love of an alloy machined finish this ticks so many boxes for me. https://www.pinkbike.com/news/bike-check-tools-machined-enduro-bike.html