Search results

1. J

Cannondale Jekyll vs Trek Remedy

G'day All, Its new bike time and these are the two i'm currently considering. '18/'19 Jekyll 2 27.5 and '19 Trek Remedy 9.8 Bit of background - last three bikes (from latest to oldest) Transition Covert 27.5 (160 front and rear), Santa Cruz Heckler 26 (150/150) and Cannondale prophet 26...
  2. J

Thumbs up to GTP

Just want to say thanks to Rotoburner GTP for his great communication and packaging of the frame. It's a ripper mate, in great nick too. Thanks for packing it better than I've seen from most bike shops. You sir are a gentleman. Cheers, iain
  3. J

12V compressor for tubless?

G'day All, Any advice or suggestions on an inexpensive compressor that is proven to be capable of popping the bead on tubeless. My 'heavy duty' supercheap auto version does not have the flow rate required. As I am converting all my bikes to tubless i'm after something a little better...
  4. J

Mnt Joyce Shuttles

First time at Mount Joyce (SE Qld) on Sunday. Awesome trails - I will never be good enough to ride all the features - but i'll sure as shit try to get there. Just a comment on the shuttle service by Brisbane Mountain Bike Shuttles (I tried commenting on the facebook page but could not seem...
  5. J

citrus imports?

Anyone had dealings with Citrus? Orange importers. Don't seem to be responding to emails - they still in business?
  6. J

Santa Cruz Butcher medium

Item: Santa Cruz Butcher - medium Location: Brisbane - but happy to pay postage Price range/Willing to Pay: fair market value - condition dependant. No silly inflated prices. Extra Info: Prefer complete bike but happy to look at frame only. Must be in good condition and have service history.
  7. J

Trail status - Greater Brisbane (northside)

Who is the wise one that knows all about track status in and around Brisbane. Just want to check without raising any hackles - don't want to ride shit that is off limits and upset anyone. cheers, iain
  8. J

Bike sizing - new vs old

G'day all, After a bit of advice on bike sizing. For the record - I'm 5' 9'" (175cm?) and currently riding a 2008 medium size santa cruz heckler with a 70mm stem. Top tube on the medium is listed at 571.5mm. 20 years riding and like steep, rough and fast. Love the 'poppy' nature of the...
  9. J

Lusty Industries and Santa Cruz

G'day All, I have to replace the pivot axle/bearings on my Heckler. Getting a little frustrated with Santa Cruz and Lusty who have not bothered to respond to my emails seeking assistance in identifying the year/model of my heckler and the appropriate part number for the replacement...
  10. J

26 aint dead yet

Must be my age. Still have a Cannondale Prophet, Gemini and a Santa Cruz Heckler (all obviously 26") Those in the know - how long are decent consumable going to be available - tyres, tubes etc (yep, still run tubes....shit, my ear hair is showing)???? I have seen the light - I'm looking...
  11. J

WTB forks 150 - 160 26" 1 1/8

Item: 150 - 160mm travel, 26" 1 1/8 steerer Location: Brisbane - happy to work with seller on shipping Price range/Willing to Pay: depends upon age, condition etc, fair market price - show us what you have! Extra Info: looking for something like a Fox 34/36, Maz 55, Lyric/domain...
  12. J

tapered into 1 1/8?

Looking for a quality travel adjust 140-160 fork to replace the sectors on my 2011 heckler. Would probs settle for a non travel adjust 150 or 160. FWIW I have a DHX5 coil for the arse end and do prefer the feel of coil forks (call me a luddite) but could be tempted by air. New and good...
  13. J

cyclingdeal.com.au??

G'day all, Anyone had experience with cyclingdeal.com.au? Have been once bitten and twice shy in dealing with 'au' type websites that are actually located far far away. The website has lots of 'chinglish' which trips my warning radar (have a look at the dropper post sections for...
  14. J

Fork choices for 2011 Heckler (1 1/8 damnation)

G'day All, Currently have a RS Sector Gold dual position on the heckler. Looking for something in the 150-160mm travel that's a little stiffer than the sectors. The big problem is the bloody 1 1/8 headtube that stuffs me up for most new forks. I have not got a clue if tapered steerer...
  15. J

Set up tips please DHX5 coil on Heckler

G'day All, Just after any set up tips/advice for a DHX5 coil I have just got from here. It will go on my 2011 medium heckler. Info: I weigh around 80kg fully kitted and ready to ride. Will be fitting a 400lb spring (at first) as determined from TF tuned spring calculator. Preferred riding...
  16. J

Found please delete

Item: a 350 or 400lb x 2.8 (for 8.5 x 2.5 Fox DHX5) Location: Brisbane - happy to be posted Price range/Willing to Pay: market value Extra Info: steel (inexpensive) at this stage until find preferred poundage determined. Ti comes next (unless you have one in the range you are happy to let...
  17. J

Progressive 5th Element Coil opinions

G'day All, Have been trying to track down a second hand DHX5 Coil or similar to try on my heckler (8.5 x 2.5). No luck yet. Hamo at Neezay still has Progressive 5th Element Coils available (both the 5 way and 3 way). Question: its been a while since progressive built mtb shocks - have...
  18. J

Casual Enduro event planning - Brisbane

G'day all, Just having some thoughts, would appreciate feedback. Would like to run a very casual Enduro event - thinking Gap Creek, Cornubia??? 3 timed runs, ride in between. E.g. At Gap could be Pipeline, Dingo's and Rocket Frog. Will have volunteer timers and martials. Prior consultation...
  19. J

DHX Air on Heckler

G'day All, No luck in the WTB thread looking for a coil to try on the 2012 Heckler. Currently has an RP23 - its not that i dont like it, its just that i do like the feel/action of coil shocks (from DH on different bikes admittedly) Are the new piggy back air shocks e.g. DHX5 really that...
  20. J

DNM Burner Rear Shock

Wanting to try coil on my new 26" heckler. Has anyone had any experience with recent DNM shocks, particulary the Burner. Has good specs and adjustability - and at $129 from 'cycling deal' may be worth a try. I'd much rather get a used one e.g. DHX5, but not having much luck tracking one...