Search results

1. BB1

All the colours of the rainbow *ebike warning*

I have the e160 8000 and am super happy with it. I have both acoustic and electric bikes, and jump on either depending on my mood and time I have available. As an example, when I've got 1.5 hours available, I'm jump on the e160 and bang out 25-30km on my local loop with lots of climbing. I have...
  2. BB1

QLD Sold

PM sent mate.
  3. BB1

QLD Sold

One last price drop. I have a mate who badly wants the shock so will do killer price on frame only. I'm not going to be able to build this up for at least the next six months and I hate having it hanging on the wall not being ridden.
  4. BB1

One mtb an e-mtb?

Yeah, I traded the road bike in during the COVID crisis as I figured there’s a few months I won’t need it as the commuter! The eMTB also means that should I have time I can go ‘the back way’ and go through the forest to get my dirt fix in. I’m not too worried if it’s not a great commuter, I’ll...
  5. BB1

One mtb an e-mtb?

Resurrecting thread as new to the ebike game. Been wanting to try one for a while as a replacement for my trailbike (moto) which I loved but simply didn't have time to use. Did a demo day and thought "these are better than I expected". Then I hired one and did a ride and explored a bunch of...
  6. BB1

XC Nicolai Ion G13

More fun to build one, made out of all the same materials anyway! ;)
  7. BB1

QLD Sold

So... in Geometron speak, it’s a longest. Which, in Nicolai speak is a large :-)
  8. BB1

QLD Sold

EXT tuned for 90kg - 85kg rider, 5kg for water, backpack, etc. Don't forget it also comes with a brand new 425 weight spring as well as the 450 currently fitted.
  9. BB1

QLD Sold

Tempting, but prefer cash for now. I'm still using up my old supply of tyres for wiping duties. I recommend the Minion SS.
  10. BB1

QLD Sold

New month, new price drop. Now below $3k for a boutique frame and shock.
  11. BB1

QLD Sold

Bumpity. Price drop.
  12. BB1

QLD Sold

New Year, time for a final bump. If no interest enough time has passed since last bike purchase that I think I can build this up again without invoking the wrath of the wife :-)
  13. BB1

All Mountain Tyres

I've been running the Wild AM on the front for a year now, I really can't fault it. Had the Force AM on the back as a really fast rolling tyre, worn out now after about 1000km. Wild AM still looks like new. Funnily enough on the big G15 the Force worked fine due to the length of the bike, but on...
  14. BB1

QLD Sold

Ha, not many say that about a Geometron frame, but I think you're right - I just checked the Nicolai website and their recommendation for your height is an XL (or extra-longest in Geometron speak :))
  15. BB1

QLD Sold

Bump and price drop. This is now rock bottom, would like to use funds for different projects, but if I end up using this as complete overkill for what I have in mind, so be it! I'm looking to build up a short travel or hardtail to use on family holidays and with the wee ride, so if you have...
  16. BB1

The logic behind dinner plate's, 50t+ cassette's

Even roadies are starting to go 1x (See the 3T Strada for example). Simplicity is the biggest factor for me on the MTB - one less thing to go wrong, get mangled, etc. I'm still playing with ratios but it looks like an 11 speed 11-48 (Garabuk) with 32t chainring covers everything I ride.
  17. BB1

Pole Bikes

I'm a bit late to this party, but for what it's worth... when I brought the G15 I got stung for import fees and duties. But I was expecting it, just hoping to get away with it! The shipping company made it very easy in terms of processing and getting the shipment delivered though. The G15 was...
  18. BB1

QLD Sold

Bumpity. Price drop. Come and speak to me if you want to deal :-) As much as I would like to keep it, it's time to move it on... getting heat from the better half!
  19. BB1

AM Found

I’ve always wanted to try a Yeti... so I got an SB130. At the moment I’m struggling to adapt. It’s beautiful to pedal but what I’ve noticed is the extra length of the G15 makes it easier to get the weight in the right place. The 130 feels really twitchy! There is something nice about a...
  20. BB1

AM Found

I have a new carbon super bike built up that I'm riding... and yes, it's a sweet ride, but it's also highlighted just how damn fast the G15 is. I didn't realise just how much I got used the the size and dynamics of that bike. Now I'm glad it hasn't sold yet... I have a feeling it may be a...