Search results

1. HamishS

Commute from Ascot to Brisbane CBD

Brave Kingsford Smith Drive, yeah it's touch and go sometimes though so are most streets. I ride it everyday and only a couple of close ish calls. Worse in the cbd!
  2. HamishS

Sold pls delete

Sold pending payment Sold pending payment
  3. HamishS

Sold pls delete

Item: Endura Windchill Riding Jacket, perfect for early morning rides / commuting. Size is large (with a tight cut / fit), Colour is Red. Windproof, waterproof and breathable body and sleeves. Thermal Roubaix underarm and back insulation with an ergonomic cut for underarm reach. Location...
  4. HamishS

Noosa Triple 000 8hr

Just wondering if anyone is planning on riding this event, and maybe looking to to so as a team of two? Details are: Sat 8th August 8hr event (all, and all $ go to charity) www.workingwonders.com.au. PM me if keen to team up. H
  5. HamishS

L'officiel Le Tour 2011 Thread!

^^^ I didn't read ahead and was kind of going along with the story before yes ... yes ... I took the bait. Well played
  6. HamishS

HAM, just for bragging rights give us an indication of how long those favourable odds were?
  7. HamishS

A good laugh about euro culture and cycling

Opsi ... wtf was that. I'm going to be scared for a while now. Leaving the road bike in the garage for the weekend!
  8. HamishS

I thought I saw that, though didn't think too much of it. Now thinking about it, at the time he didn't look well (unsteady on the bike) when he came across the line. Understandably after 200km+ on the bike and those 3 x climbs ... though compared to the guys infront and behind him he wasn't in...
  9. HamishS

Trek 1500 SLR? is it, what is it?

Check on ebay Take a quick look at ebay ... type trek into the search bar, there are at least 2 / 3 bikes around the same age / spec etc (2005 / 2006, 105 spec etc). You'll probably get up to $500 pending on how well its been cared for over the years and obviously how much a buyer is willing...
  10. HamishS

[Qld] Safe road route from Brisbane to Gold Coast

No problems Geoff ... enjoy http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/Brisbane-to-Gold-Coast13738
  11. HamishS

All good, found one on Bikely finally.
  12. HamishS

Just wondering if anyone has a map or a website that will give me directions of a safe route for riding from Brisbane to the Gold Coast? Cheers H
  13. HamishS

2011 Giro d'Italia Thread Ufficiale

You gotta give him credit, no matter if he is doping (and the rest of the field are) or not. When he goes on the climbs it looks as though the rest of the field are standing still. Last night, he just kept on going, going, going ...
  14. HamishS

Question time ... parting HT to transfer to FS frame

Cheers Aaron, so I am most likely up for a new fork should I venture down this route ... Thanks for the info ... as if the sum of all parts add up to a hell of a lot I may as well sell my Kona and cough up the $ for a new rig ... though not preferred at the moment though if its just a new...
  15. HamishS

Question time ... parting HT to transfer to FS frame

Ok, have been thinking of moving to a dually 29er for a while now and struggling with available funds as usual. Would love to go get a Spearfish though aint going to happen in the short-term. Alternative is to, take my 2009 Kona King Kahuna HT and part to transfer to a Voodoo Canzo 29er FS...
  16. HamishS

Looking for a Gold Coast XC tour guide

Thanks S.Dogg and GolfPro will be in touch when I land on the GC. Looking forward to hitting some new trails. H
  17. HamishS

Tech days in Sydney

Free maintenance courses Every now and then the local councils will put on bicycle maintenance courses ... this one has just been at Nth Syd ... http://community.bicyclensw.org.au/events/free-bicycle-maintenance-1 Though Randwick had a few a month or so ago. Pending on where you live...
  18. HamishS

Looking for a Gold Coast XC tour guide

Moving up to the GC on Monday the 21st March ... looking to hook up with some XC folk to show me around the local trails esp Nerang as I'll be living in Cararra. Am free the remainder of that week (22nd - 27th) or following weekends. If you dont mind someone tagging along PM me, I am no...
  19. HamishS

Chinarello Build (fake Pinarello Build) Completely Finished!

Sweet put that one to bed - Josh has proved he is educated in this area ... full respect. Lets get back to bike building ... where's the update!
  20. HamishS

LBS - Brisbane recommendations?

Cheers Haydo ... will do