Search results

1. M

Creaking XO1 cassette - anyone else have this

I have an XO1 cassette with 7000km on it, still running fine. However, it is starting to make really annoying creaking / squeaking sounds. The creaking goes away when I clean and lubricate the outside end of the locking cylinder, where the tabs hook on to the 10T part of the cassette. A few...
  2. M

ACT Giant STP - SOLD

Sold Item: Giant STP Location: Canberra Item Condition: Good Reason for selling: Too many bikes - just being used as a school commuter Price and price conditions: $450 Extra Info: Forks: Pike U-turn 140mm, 20mm axle. Brakes: Avid Elixir Wheels: Rhyno Lite rims, Shimano hubs...
  3. M

Lost spring in X0 shifter

Somehow my son has managed to lose one of the springs in his rear shifter - X0 9 speed. The image below is the front shifter - the circled spring is the mirror image of the one he lost. If anyone has a dead shifter, or pulled one apart and couldn't get it back together, I would love the...
  4. M

Whistler XC trails - is a guided tour a good plan

I am going to Whistler with my family for three days. We have booked XC bikes, and plan to spend as much time as possible riding. I can't decide whether to get a guided tour first though. Does anyone have any experience or recommendations? If it was just me, I would get a guide for a few...
  5. M

Why does an Anthem corner better than a TrailFox?

I had the opportunity recently to ride a Giant Anthem (4 inch XC Race) alternating with my BMC Trail Fox (5 inch all mountain). As expected, the Anthem went up technical climbs with less fuss. I couldn't lift the front wheel as easily, but it simply didn't care; it just rode up the rough...