Search results

1. T

Head Angle Adjust Headset VS Reach Adjust Headset

Hi All, Can someone please explain to me the difference between Head Angle Adjust Headsets and Reach Adjust Headsets? For background I have an old DH bike, around 15 years old that I ride about once a year. It has a short top tube and steep head angle by today standards. Is it worth...
  2. T

Sold Rockshox Vivid R2C Coil 240 x 75 (9.5x3) Sold

Item: Rockshox Vivid R2C Coil 240 x 75 Location: Ringwood, Melbourne Item Condition: Good, not a mark on them. Close to NOS Reason for selling: Not needed Price and price conditions: $195, open to offers Extra Info: Centre sleeves from the shock mounts will be removed prior to sale. Coil not...
  3. T

VIC Front Derailleur (FOUND)

Item: Road front derailleur, preferably braze on but clamp on will also do the job. Bottom pull, ie cable comes from under the bb. It would need to be a fairly wide clamp, the frame is around a 35mm. Ideally a 2x9 but beggars can't be choosers. What have you got? Thanks in advance...
  4. T

Sold Shimano XT 4 Pot Brakeset

Item: Shimano XT (4pot) with XT levers, front & rear with finned pads. Location: Melbourne Eastern Suburbs. Item Condition: Good used condtion. Reason for selling: Decided to change to Avid Brakes (just kidding!) Price and price conditions: $295 $250 Pictures:
  5. T

VIC FOUND 3x9 34.9 front derailleur

Item full name and model etc. Shimano 3x9 34.9 head tube/clamp. Top Pull, preference for low clamp I could work with a high clamp. Location VIC (can pay postage) Price and price conditions Not much. Surely someone hasn't thrown them all out and has one sitting in the shed. Extra Info: The one I...
  6. T

VIC Truvativ Hammerschmidt Crankset WTB

Item full name and model etc. Truvativ Hammerschmidt Crankset Location Ringwood Vic 3134. Happy to arrange postage/pickup. Item condition description I have admired Hammerschmidt crankset from afar for a long time. I now have an alfine hub and would like to do a crazy experiment, if any other...
  7. T

VIC Cannondale Prophet Locknut for Pivot Axle 2007

Item full name and model. I am after the lock nut from the pivot axle off a Cannondale Prophet 2007. I believe other models that have the same part include Rush and Rize. The picture below shows the pivot axle kit. I am after the nut on the right. Location: Ringwood Vic (postage can be...
  8. T

Sold Marzocchi Z1, 120mm travel, 26inch Straight 1 1/8 steerer $100

SOLD PAYMENT PENDING @ Elbo Item: Marzocchi Z1, 120mm travel, 26inch Straight 1 1/8 steerer approx 21 cm/8 inches. Location: Monbulk Vic Item Condition: Used. Normal scratches for a fork its age. The stanchions are good with no scratches. The headset in the pictures came with the forks so I...
  9. T

VIC Found

Item full name and model etc. Chainrings 9 and/or 10 speed big rings and little rings for triple cranks. 104 BCD cranks. Preference is for little ring 22/24 and big ring 42 but open to other sizes for triple cranks. Location Melbourne. Yarra Valley Item condition description prefer a matching...
  10. T

VIC Grip shift

Items: Sram grip shift Right 8, 9 or 10 speed and/or Left 3 speed Price: Depends on condition spec, not looking to spend heaps. Location: Melbourne outer east Extra Info: Basically I want to try it again to see if it is as good as I remember!
  11. T

VIC Shimano 9 speed BB tool 8 notch

Item: Shimano roughly 2000 bottom bracket tool I think they are hollow tech 1. And are 8 'notch' also interested in the 6 'notch' preload tool if someone has one kicking around in there shed. These were usually XTR or dura ace/ultegra spec Price: no idea what they are worth Location...
  12. T

VIC Sorted please delete

Item full name and model = Front suspension 27.5 wheels, 160mm + travel, 15 x 1000 axle (could be tempted to 20mm for the right fork), standard tapered steerer. Location Preference for a local deal (outer east of Melbourne) but willing to entertain other ideas. Price and price conditions...
  13. T

Sold X fusion vengeance 170mm straight 1 & 1/8 steerer New uncut steerer

Item: X fusion vengeance 170mm straight 1 & 1/8 steerer New uncut steerer. 36 mm stanchions Location: Monbulk Item Condition: New. Never installed on a bike. Uncut steerer Reason for selling: Other commitments. Price and price conditions: $300 Extra Info: .... Pictures: Yep
  14. T

Sold Sram (Avid) Guide T 2019 Pair

Item: Sram (Avid) Guide T 2019 Pair Location: Monbulk, Melbourne outer east Item Condition: Unwanted part off a new bike, not ridden. Reason for selling: See above Price and price conditions: $199 $150 Extra Info: prefer pick up Pictures:
  15. T

Rockshox Yari RC vs Xfusion Vengeance

As the title suggest I have both the a Yari RC that came on my new GT Sanction (2019) and an Xfusion Vengeance as a spare in the shed. What fork would you run on the bike considering I will probably sell what I don't use? Other factors are: -the rear shock is a Fox vanilla rc coil, is it...
  16. T

VIC SOLD PLEASE DELETE

Item: Scott Spark 40. Rockshox Reba fork, Dt swiss rear shock Handle bar lockout for both Shimano Deore part Location: Monbulk Item Condition: Overall good, scratch to bottom of seat tube. Reason for selling: Sitting in the shed gathering dust Price and price conditions: $899 Extra Info: It...
  17. T

Sold Rockshox Sector RL 27.5 New

Item: Rockshox Sektor RL 27.5 Air, 15*100 (NOT Boost) Location: Monbulk Item Condition: Unwanted part from new bike, New Condition. Reason for selling: See above Price and price conditions: $299 Now $199 Extra Info: travel is currently 130mm but I believe they can be extended to 150mm. Prefer...
  18. T

Should I put a Shim in my frame?

I have the less common 34.9mm seat post tube size on my dual suspension aluminum 130mm bike. I would like to move into modern times and try a dropper post. Should I find a dropper that is available in 34.9 or get one that is 31.6 and run a shim? Do shims really damage frames? Thanks all for...
  19. T

What Bike Do You Regret Selling?

Back in the early 2000's I had a GT DH i Drive, one of the early ones. It was the complete package Boxxers, Hadley hubs and XTR. I loved that bike. I would ride it Down Hill and even locally as it pedaled so well. Unfortunately I din't have a lot of spare cash at the time and I sold it to...
  20. T

Rigid to Front Suspension 26 inch => crown to axle difference?

Hi All, I currently have a mid ninety's Kona hardtail that is rigid. I am looking at rebuilding the bike with front suspension for the kids. The current axle to crown (measured from middle of axle to where the lowest part of the headset attaches to the steerer) is 41.5 cm. Most of...