1. C

sold please remove

Sold payment pending
  2. C

sold please remove

Bump and drop
  3. C

sold please remove

Item: Sram guide RS brakes. Location:hobart(will post) Reason for sale: hope tragic Price:$320 posted Other info: brand new Aus stock, taken off a 2017 Reign 1(large) comes with matchmaker adaptor for shifter. Suit someone wanting new brakes. Front hose 800mm, Rear 1480mm
  4. C

Pivot Firebird vs Nomad 4? What would you choose and why

Sorry- I should have specified, mine was an alloy frame, and it was the pivot bolt that snapped.
  5. C

Pivot Firebird vs Nomad 4? What would you choose and why

Had a suspension pivot bolt on a Santa Cruz Blur TR frame snap while travelling fairly fast on a fire road, frame was less than a year old. One of the scariest things I've had happen on a bike in the 30 years I've been riding. Frame ended up scratched and seat stay bent. Santa Cruz's response...
  6. C

What's your one technique tip for a newbie to MTB?

Money spent upgrading parts that are not broken returns very little. Money spent upgrading the rider, returns lots.
  7. C

Sola Sport ?

Ive only had one experience dealing with sola- and never will again. However it's made picking suspension components easier- I won't shortlist anything for a build that puts money in their pockets.
  8. C

Please remove

I beg to differ- in this instance i neglected to put in the location. But the information is entered as per the template- no I don't put the line headings in- I assume we are all grown ups and know the format, but I'm often wrong...
  9. C

Please remove

10 char .........
  10. C

Xo1 11spd or xo1 12spd eagle?

I had this dilemma on a build I've just finished: in the end I chose 11 speed. My reasoning was: I like the cinch cranks more than SRAMs (although there are 12 speed rings available for cinch). I don't need any increase in range. I run 42-10 with a 34 up front, and never run out of gears. The 12...
  11. C

Looks like the sram geo-block has reached germany.

A friend who works in the industry told me that wholesale prices to aus bike shops increased within a week of the geoblock starting. Rumour is Sram aus has 2 years to significantly increase revenue or the geoblock ends.
  12. C

Sold please removee

Pretty unimpressed with the guy that backed out of the purchase- yours was a better offer, but I'd already said yes. :(
  13. C

Sold please removee

Buyer changed his mind- these are still available.
  14. C

Sold please removee

Sold payment pending
  15. C

Sold please removee

Yes they are still for sale
  16. C

Sold please removee

I had some issues with levers which SRAM replaced under warranty. While I was waiting for replacements I bought some hopes, which I prefer. Great brakes- I'm about to start a new build, steel hardtail play bike, there is a fair chance these will end up on that.
  17. C

Looks like the sram geo-block has reached germany.

Bike 24, and bike discount will no longer ship sram, rockshox to aus. Bike components will but for how long? In my ideal world Hope will release an 11 speed shifter, derailleur some time in the near future.
  18. C

zee vs guide rsc

double post- sorry
  19. C

zee vs guide rsc

I'm selling a set of mint guide rsc atm. The bike they were on now has hopes. Eventually all my bikes will have hopes. IMO they are a more consistent brake, and I prefer the feel.
  20. C

zee vs guide rsc

I've had issues with brakes from both Sram and Shimano- and that seems to be the experience of most of the people I ride with, which tallies with what the LBS says. The LBS also tells me that Sram warranty support is probably a little more user friendly. You can argue about feel for days- but...