Search results

1. J

VIC Womens Club/Training for Beginners?

The issue we are currently facing is trying to find a group that might help with a hire bike, or point us in the right direction. Does not want to fork out for a set of wheels before giving it a go a few times. Any ideas?
  2. J

That bike it better looks perfect Thanks!
  3. J

currently we are Thornbury and I hit Plwnty gorge and westerfolds, but happy to travel got a link for the lysterfield group?
  4. J

Thanks everyone. Checking links out now
  5. J

My partner is keen to have a go at mountain biking. She wants to join a group of girls that may offer beginner days in the VIC region. Even better if there is hire facilities involved, but we can also organise that through a shop if need be. Could have sworn I have seen some female only...
  6. J

Ivanhoe Trails (jumps)

It was the on the other side the bulldozing happened. Or have they also been rebuilt?
  7. J

Ivanhoe Trails (jumps)

Not looking to expose location. Just looking to help out on freshening them up/extending/maintenance and hopefully getting through the line again! Anyone who digs there, would love to hear from you. I have done some digging on both sides of the river and way too much shovel time from back in...
  8. J

Melbourne dirt jumps

Long shot, but after some time off being injured, keen to get back into digging and riding. Did a bit of dog time about 4yrs back on both sides of the river. Would like to help out again. Any chance some1 could DM me? Thanks :)
  9. J

Ivanhoe Trails (jumps)

Long shot, but after some time off being injured, keen to get back into digging and riding. Did a bit of dog time about 4yrs back on both sides of the river. Would like to help out again. Any chance some1 could DM me? Thanks :)
  10. J

Trails near Yarra Valley Cycles/Mount Dandenong

Loved silvan! Thanks for the help
  11. J

Squeaky Crank Brothers Eggbeaters

Thanks. That kit looks perfect (albeit same price as what I paid for pedals 2nd hand, ) I don’t think I will need any out of the ordinary tools to do this job myself, right?
  12. J

I guess an easy way to test this would be to switch cleats and see if squeaks follow the cleat
  13. J

Bought a pair of Eggbeaters off Ebay a few months back. The left pedal has started to make a really loud squeaking noise on nearly every downstroke when clipped in. Have tried adding oil and grease to the exposed spring and moving areas = no change. I am not entirely sure of the model for...
  14. J

Thanks guys. Going to take a look at silvan
  15. J

Taking a friend to YVC tomorrow so he can trial out a new DH bike for the afternoon. Was hoping to take him to some good trails not too far (we have a ute) from the shop. Currently looking through Strava and Trailfork, but some local recommendations from the brains pool would be great! :)
  16. J

Santa Cruz

Do they have demo days in VIC? Back in the UK, I had a lot of fun on a Heckler model, and a couple of runs on a Bronson. I will need to get in touch with my pals and confirm the frame sizes.
  17. J

Santa Cruz

Just for my own reference: https://www.santacruzbicycles.com/files/screen_shot_2017-08-24_at_1.55.33_pm.png And yes, can see that my height looks like it would be suitable for either L or XL
  18. J

Santa Cruz

Thanks. I’m 6ft1 and typically like shorter wheelbase, so ideally a L frame. Keep me posted about the 5010. What are you moving onto and may I ask why? Any negatives with the 5010? Will pop into YVC but now realising the price difference between Aus/uk/USA is not in our favour. Might need to...
  19. J

Santa Cruz

https://www.santacruzbicycles.com/en-AU/dealers Ok. Should have googled that. Anyone any exp with buying a SC in VIC?
  20. J

Santa Cruz

After riding a few different SC bikes on a trip back in the UK, I want to get myself a new full bike. Currently toying between bronson and 5010. I am keeping an eye on the forSale thread/eBay/FB marketplace but leaning towards 1st hand, due to the SC lifetime warrantee. Who’s the distro for SC...