Search results

1. J

VIC Womens Club/Training for Beginners?

My partner is keen to have a go at mountain biking. She wants to join a group of girls that may offer beginner days in the VIC region. Even better if there is hire facilities involved, but we can also organise that through a shop if need be. Could have sworn I have seen some female only...
  2. J

Squeaky Crank Brothers Eggbeaters

Bought a pair of Eggbeaters off Ebay a few months back. The left pedal has started to make a really loud squeaking noise on nearly every downstroke when clipped in. Have tried adding oil and grease to the exposed spring and moving areas = no change. I am not entirely sure of the model for...
  3. J

Trails near Yarra Valley Cycles/Mount Dandenong

Taking a friend to YVC tomorrow so he can trial out a new DH bike for the afternoon. Was hoping to take him to some good trails not too far (we have a ute) from the shop. Currently looking through Strava and Trailfork, but some local recommendations from the brains pool would be great! :)
  4. J

Santa Cruz

After riding a few different SC bikes on a trip back in the UK, I want to get myself a new full bike. Currently toying between bronson and 5010. I am keeping an eye on the forSale thread/eBay/FB marketplace but leaning towards 1st hand, due to the SC lifetime warrantee. Who’s the distro for SC...
  5. J

eBay/Paypal Concern

Sold a bike with an ebay auction over the weekend. I listed in the ad to pay by cash in person on pickup, in the description. My mistake, but I must have left the option to also pay by paypal on the item. The seller has jumped to paying by paypal and wants to pick up first thing tomorrow. I am...
  6. J

Yeti SB66 (2012) - Advice

This is not a 'For Sale' post, and hope this sub-forum is OK to post in. I am just wanting some guidance on how much money I should sell a bike for. Yeti SB66, bought in 2012 and rarely used. Stock standard parts. Good condition and few scratches. Wanting to sell her, but before I put an...
  7. J

ENO Freewheel - replacement for outer teeth?

I fitted the White Industries Chainset to my Allegro Track bike back in early 2013. As you would expect, it is long overdue that I finally replace the ENO Freewheel and possible the chainring (and of course the chain). From looking at the White Industries website, sounds like I dont need to...
  8. J

Where to buy a rockshox reverb b1?

Was hoping to order a rockshox reverb b1 dropper post in the January sales, but beginning to realise a lot of the sites like Chain Reaction Cycles and Winstanleys in the UK are not able to ship Rock Shox products to Australia. Where is a good place to get a good deal on one of these posts?
  9. J

Single Speed Rear Wheel for a Racer

I have an old Allegro Track bike and still running the original stock wheels (Alexrims R450 double-walled rim laced to flip flop hub, running on a nice White Industries ENO 16t freewheel). Use this as my daily commuter, but the rear wheel is definitely in need of replacement. Unless there is...
  10. J

Spare for Shimano M505 SPDs?

I lost the yellow bit on one of my Shimano M505 pedals (just one side of the pedal). I have been trying to find a replacement for this, as would prefer not buying a new set of pedals. However I have been struggling to find it, mainly due to not really knowing what search terms to put in. Does...
  11. J

Direction for Plenty Gorge

Been looking at posts on roturburn and also this post on mtbr, and looks like Plenty Gorge has a lot of fun stuff going on. Where is the best place to park? Really want to find this track thats hopefully still there: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3t9mNTKnu-s
  12. J

BSC going under?

Heard that Brunswick Street Cycles is going under. Can anyone else confirm this? Ive just bought a bike from there.
  13. J

Buying Advice - New Drivetrain for singlespeed

I own a Allegro Track bike. I just use it for commuting 45min to and from CBD. The drivetrain is done. Partly my fault for not looking after it. The drop is standard track at 35mm, and standard bottom bracket. So I would like to replace: chain rear sprocket/freewheel (its...
  14. J

Directions to Diamond Creek...

Ok, I feel very foolish sking for directions to someone elses trails on a public forum, but I am getting desperate. First off - anyone who wants to supply directions - please do it via a PM and not via a response to this post. I have spent a lot of time behind the shovel (all of this was...
  15. J

I want to dig/ride trails nr melbourne!

Ive emigrated over from UK, and been here 3 years. Spent most the time riding bowls and backyard ramp. Spent a fair bit of time digging at Ivanhoe, but the washouts became a bit too frequent to keep digging there. I was never a trails boss in UK, but I now miss them a lot. Melbourne trails...
  16. J

Buying Advice - All Rounder MTB

I used to race DH in my early teens. I then fell in love with BMX and apart from a bit of jumping on a mtb-jump bike, I have not done much MTB riding since. I now want to get back into MTB. I am now kinda happy to ride uphill. - Do not want a 29er. Do not want a pure DH bike. But do...
  17. J

Ivanhoe Trails (jumps)

Anyone been digging at the Ivanhoe trails recently? I spent a fair bit of shovel time last year, but things kept getting messed up by mother nature. Pls don't ask where they are, but if you do know, please let me know if u have been down recently. Keen to get them back up and running.
  18. J

Yarra trails - map?

I live in Fairfield and would like to get back into MTB (spent teenage years racing DH, and then been riding BMX since) Have been trapsing through the Yarra Trails thread, and seeing as this is on my doorstep, makes sense to have a look. At this stage, I do not have a bike, so have some...
  19. J

pom in melbourne

just emigrated over here from uk. Brought my bmx with me. Been sessioning a few of my local parks (Melbourne--Brunswick) and all good. However id like to get back into trails (been a good 5yrs). I know its a cheeky first post, and i dont expect people to be posting in this thread exact...