Search results

1. P

The Single Speed Thread

If you get on google maps/earth look for a house surrounded by bushland/National Park. Good chance it will have under ground ph cables.
  2. P

The Single Speed Thread

Ok so you like single track, but you don't like crowds (people with gears slowing you down). Underground phone lines is where it's at. Do some hunting around, & you will find some pretty cool trails to ride.
  3. P

The Single Speed Thread

Yep there is some fun riding out that way.
  4. P

The Single Speed Thread

Mr Crudley i think i might have a hill that you would love. It's almost vertical at the top (think the big slide at Luna Park) not any trees to hit and you are absolutely screaming along at warp drive . I took a friend there & he was crawling around on his arse because he was to scared to stand...
  5. P

The Single Speed Thread

If you are on the m7 heading north up the hill to Elizabeth drive on the left hand side you will see a big billboard thats the hill. I have a bit of a loop that i do around there. It's a lot steeper than it looks in the pic.
  6. P

The Single Speed Thread

This is my training hill. It's just as hard on the way down as on the way up. I do it 5 times then call it a day.
  7. P

Spin spin spin

The Gregory's Blue Mountains touring map guide series would be a start. You can get topo maps if you want. But it's not really nessary unless you are really anal about navigation ( have no seance of adventure).
  8. P

The Self Sufficient Bike Camping Thread.

Creaky i said waterbars not road gaps. Don't impose your riding abilities/lack of on me.
  9. P

New bike advice for old noob.

All things being equal a 29inch wheel, will break before a smaller wheel. The bike industry can be a little unrealistic, about the average male weight. For example my tyres are rated to 90kg. If my bike was 13kg, i was 75kg, & my backpack was 3kg . My advice would be to buy the strongest bike...
  10. P

Hahaha NOOOOO but that's never stopped before
  11. P

Seriously it's not that hard. You just need to pedal at a jump soon as you get in the aiyor set your pedals for the landing as you land the back wheel will start to turn and so will your pedals. If you normally land left foot forward that is how you will land on the fixie just don't have to much...
  12. P

Spin spin spin

Because of my gearing my speed is sub 28kph hardly a blur unless you are drunk as . The why??? I'm planning on riding from Lithgow to Mitagong via as much dirt as i can get. I know it's not exactly a huge ride, but the fitter i am the more im going to enjoy it. The m7 is just a great place to...
  13. P

Lpg fixies are not as hard to jump as you would think. While you are in the air, you don't have to pedal. You just have to ready to start pedalling as soon as the back wheel hits the ground.
  14. P

Spin spin spin

Did you see a bike that looked like this with someone that looked like they where about to have a heart attack riding it?
  15. P

Spin spin spin

49 gear inches and the m7 = some good cardio. Took me a hair over 40 minutes to get from Richmond road to Elizabeth drive. Think i will just roll back nice and easy .
  16. P

Hahaha because my bike will weigh about 28lbs and i will have about 10lbs of crap strapped to it
  17. P

I have decided to do a bit of touring . My plan is to build, this bike into a no nonsense touring machine ( over the next few months ). The shopping list is basically a spline drive crank, a fix gear hub, a little rack over the front wheel. That should just about do it, i reckon. If i can keep...
  18. P

The Single Speed Thread

Gday Goobags you have basically the exact same gear inches that i do. You could split the difference of going to a 18 tooth sprocket, & instead get a 33 tooth sprocket. That would give you about 50.3 gear inches.
  19. P

The Single Speed Thread

I don't have a Speedo so this is all seat of the pants. I finally got to do a few ks with the new sprocket (28x15x26inch wheel) around 49 gear inch. Doing about 85 rpm feels about 20kph. I know that's f ing SLOW. But i can spin a lot faster than 85rpm, so the 20kph is somewhat irrelevant. That's...
  20. P

Dexa scan?

Gday Trickymac because say you are 80kg and want to drop 10kg of fat ( but you don't want to lose muscle mass). Scales and the mirror are not really accurate. It's only $80 a go. You look at how much money, out of shape people spend, on the lightest, & greatest bike's. They would of been heaps...