Search results

1. R

The future of Slopestyle (Mens not going ahead tomorrow, Crankworx)

Whilst I have massive respect for the riders, and what they do, they really have backed themselves into a corner. The options would be:- 1. Live with what you have, or 2. Breakaway and start their own series. The peak of slope style is crankworx whistler, how could you replicate that? I can’t...
  2. R

The future of Slopestyle (Mens not going ahead tomorrow, Crankworx)

I feel like the riders don’t have a good read of the room, have a look at the bike industry as a whole - it’s in real trouble. But steep calling out for cash when there isn’t cash around.
  3. R

NSW Intense Tracer 275

I would like to move this on to make way for another bike, no reasonable offer will be refused. Message me if interested.
  4. R

NSW Intense Tracer 275

Item: Intense Tracer 275 Location: Petersham (Inner West Sydney) Item Condition: Used, but good. Reason for selling: N + 1 Price and price conditions: $3,950...but negotiable :) Will do a deal for a quick no hassle sale Extra Info: Intense Tracer 275 size LARGE, full carbon frame, Fox 36 forks...
  5. R

Official Old Mans Valley MTB Park - Hornsby

Moo lives. Haven’t ridden it recently but I’ve heard it’s in good shape and riding well. Jubes has been rejigged and reshaped into a mini-jump park. Think mini Bare Creek. Can’t comment of Castle Hill.
  6. R

Get the girls with our special weight-loss dieting techniques

That was tongue in cheek - I wasn’t serious about the weight loss! I was so dehydrated I was dreaming about drinking cold water haha!
  7. R

Had a full week off the beers and am still going - actually went out to a few things (dinner at the pub and bday parties) and it actually didn’t bother me not drinking. I have dropped managed to drop a couple of KG’s but not as planned. My daughter brought home a gastro bug from daycare - boom...
  8. R

Off the back of xmas/new year I have failed to stop the indulged eating and drinking - to the point I feel bloated. Also went riding with some fitter mates last week and got flogged. I did weigh myself on January 3rd and I was 78kg. The game plan is the following starting today:- - No more...
  9. R

BIKE RACKS AND CARRIERS FOR CARS MEGATHREAD - all questions asked and answered here

Whilst I would've preferred to go the home made route I found this on ebay and purchased:- CURT Anti-Rattle Hitch Pin & Shim | eBay Works well. Pretty happy with it. Maybe I'm being really petty with eliminating bike rack movement but I've been following some cars down the freeway and the...
  10. R

Formula One world championship

Heading to Melbourne for the GP and have been blown away by the unavailability of tickets - thanks alot drive to survive!!! I have secured GA tickets to Friday and was hoping to get to Saturday as well but no dice - this is a long shot but does anyone have any GA tickets they want to offload...
  11. R

Who will Jack Moir ride for and why are team changes announced so close to the season start

Hard to compare Gwin vs. Rennie/Kovarik. All notable riders but about 10-15 years apart in their professional careers and the sport has certainly come a long way professionally. Also Gwin benefits from living in a large population basin which would certainly help his marketability compared to...
  12. R

Who will Jack Moir ride for and why are team changes announced so close to the season start

I’d be surprised if there were actually a salary as part of a sponsorship in MTB apart from a select few. I thought it would be gear and all expenses paid to go race and that’s about it. I was talking to a mate over a beer and he had a roadie acquaintance try go professional in Europe and he got...
  13. R

BIKE RACKS AND CARRIERS FOR CARS MEGATHREAD - all questions asked and answered here

That’s the bolt my towbar doesn’t have - super frustrating as it worked so well when I put my rack on a car with that bolt!
  14. R

Makes sense…and come to think of it my previous Yakima rack had a similar bolt setup! Cheers mate appreciate it!
  15. R

I have a vertical rack (custom - no brand name) with 2 inch square hitch for a year now. From day dot I’ve been dealing with ‘wobble’. Solutions have been using are anti-rattle hitch pin (sort of fixed it until I stripped the thread), shims (reduced wobble) and anti-rattle clamp (worked but...
  16. R

NSW WTB/EOI - Dirt Jumper MTB

Yes after single speed - horizontal dropouts preferred!
  17. R

NSW WTB/EOI - Dirt Jumper MTB

Item: Dirt Jumper MTB - Wanted to buy/expression of interest. This is a case of WANT as opposed to a NEED. It would be great to have something that is suitable to lap the pump track on. The following options would suit:- - Whole bike (complete); or - Frame/Fork/Wheels combo (if ancillary...
  18. R

Just realised I banged on about the rack without posting a photo. Only one bike on there but you get the idea!
  19. R

https://www.facebook.com/amsmetalsports AMS Metal Sports - Mick was good to deal with, I had some questions around the tilt function of the rack, measurements and ground clearances and he took the time to call me to give some check measurements.
  20. R

The AMB comparison would be good if you were in the market for a vertical rack but had no idea what you’re looking for! Agree with other comments though it didn’t pick which rack was king! Or don’t go near this rack etc.! The commentary about needed 2 people to put a rack on/off made me chuckle...