Search results

1. S

Explain Your Username!

Username - Salad dodger Why? - I tend to dodge salad for meatier products Simple really
  2. S

AM rides around Sydney?

Bulli is a bit of a rabbit warren with single trail going off all over the place, we are still finding new stuff. We do use a car shuttle and park at the bottom of Bulli pass at train station (cant remember the name). We then drive another car up bulli pass and along the freeway until the...
  3. S

AM rides around Sydney?

Menai used to be good until the embargo (hopefully lifted soon!) Most of the Menai riders have now shifted out to Kentlyn. Its got a bit of everything from an XC loop to a few downhill runs and free ride stuff. Appin XC loop is always good for a bit of AM riding as its a bit more techy...
  4. S

Options for the son's ride = opportunities for dad

My mates got an on-one inbreed and loves it, and they are cheap as chips to! I'm looking at one of the new frames that now take 120 mm forks
  5. S

2012 Reign - advice re chain drop stop

My mate has a widget on his reign super happy with it, I don't think he has droped a chain once. I also have a widget on a norco fluid and am also super happy with it and have never droped a chain once. My 2c
  6. S

Is the FS 26" XC bike dead?

Split the difference 650b?
  7. S

AM road trip Sydney to VIC

All, I am looking to do a 7 day AM/ down hill single track road trip from Sydney to VIC later in the year. I will be starting in Sydney and thinking of finishing at the IRIDE MTB park in Apollo bay (does this till run?) and would like suggestions for some mostly DH single track / AM trails...
  8. S

5" xc/trail bike advice

Norco Fluid How about a Norco Fluid?
  9. S

Norco Fluid stiff rear suspension?

Not a patronizing question at all, in fact I was actually wondering about the tension on the pivot bolts, and the bearings should be good as its a new frame. I'm just starting to think its just the way this suspension design works, stiff in the first part of the stroke. However the few reviews...
  10. S

Norco Fluid stiff rear suspension?

Howdy all just picked myself up a Norco Fluid 1 frame on Ebay which I have just built up with scavenged parts from a 2008 stumpy and a 2006 Giant reign. As both the Norco and Stumpy both have FSR horst link rear ends I was expecting a similar suspension feel. However the Fluid feels a lot...
  11. S

New? Feel free to say g'day here.

Howdy All Been a list lurker for a while now so thought I would do the right thing and say G'Day Im southern Sydney based and ride with the guys from the former Metro MTB Club. mostly ride the usual Sydney trails suspects, Menai, Royal, Yellomundi, Appin ect Just started to ride with my...