Search results

1. brendonj

Increasing 12 speed durability - 9 speed conversion??

Maybe the Truvativ Hammerschmidt should be revisited.
  2. brendonj

Thats and interesting idea. It will help a bit. I am at 36 already on one bike. It will mess up the antisquat a bit on my other bike. I could design my next frame for 38. But other people won’t have that option.
  3. brendonj

I won’t be keen. Messes up the suspension response to chain forces too much. But everything is a trade off i guess.
  4. brendonj

Both good suggestions. My problem is wear on the small cogs in the cassette. Why is it a problem - it’s complicated- but i do a lot of stand up pedalling at low cadence for a particular type of exercise. Otherwise, yes, 12 speed is pretty darn good.
  5. brendonj

Ok - i am flying a kite here. I really want to increase the durability of my 11 and 12 speed drivetrain. Like the range, but happy to sacrifice closeness of gear ratios - actually would prefer increased gaps for one of my bikes. thinking 8 or 9 speed. I need to keep the derailleur for the...
  6. brendonj

Trust performance linkage fork

What did the rider think of it?
  7. brendonj

Strava accuracy

nothin new here. There was a short section i sessioned back in the day cause i liked it and wanted to get a good time (top of vietnam in the old language at Cootha). A mate who did well in the aus Enduro saw me once and said i was mad the speed i was going. But i could never get close to the...
  8. brendonj

Why Ebikes have small front chainrings?

Umm A bigger ring would reduce chain tension. But tell me more about chain life reductions. How fast do they go?
  9. brendonj

Do Mtbs need regular servicing?

There are different philosophies in the professional world where people manage billions of dollars of assets (e.g. mining machinery). So when it comes to bikes... My approach is a mixture of preventative, condition based plus time/use based. I also focus on riding and not my bike looking pretty...
  10. brendonj

Why Ebikes have small front chainrings?

Anyone know? You can pedal up hills in a couple gears higher. Wouldn’t they need bigger front rings? Or is it so they can’t go too fast? ;)
  11. brendonj

Hacks

Crazy left field hack - not quite really bike related. One night had a plumbing incident with a very very old tap fitting and needed a square tool. No shops open, so I formed up a tool from part of an old steel bike frame. Did the trick. The reason I had the frame was a bought it for about...
  12. brendonj

Hacks

From some years ago - hand made disc brake mount for my wife's old trek.
  13. brendonj

Looking for a local frame builder

Thanks. Will contact him.
  14. brendonj

Yep. Any other suggestions
  15. brendonj

Really appreciate your comments, but the problems you are talking about dont affect me. I have all the light tubing i need. I have some excess weight impact fromthe connection design to deal with strength loss. But i can live with that. The design will work. The question is more about how well...
  16. brendonj

Its a prototype, so i do t want the mass of steel affecting the dynamics and i dont need it to last forever. I am considering HT for the rear subframe. Aside from that i have heavily compensated for the reduction in mechanical strength in the HAZ through design details at connection points.
  17. brendonj

Hi All, Any one have suggestions who i can talk to about getting a custom frame built? Am building an aluminium dual suspension frame using the front triangle from a hard tail. Appreciate any help.
  18. brendonj

QLD SOLD - FSA Gravity Wheelset on Shimano Saint and Zee Hubs - 20 Front / 135x12 Rear

Correction Fixed up the reference to the bike I built this for. Wasn't for a Demo (which would have offset rear spacing in the subframe) such that this wheelset could only be used in a Demo without re-lacing. Wheelset suits a standard 135 mm rear end.