Search results

1. D

2011 Dirt Works 100km NSW - Entries open tomorrow.

No I was not assuming $169000 as profit. That's very obvious, but this is a company which runs a large number of adventure events, and the wheels are well oiled in terms of scales of efficiency ... I still find it mean-fisted that with so much help from volunteers that so little is directed...
  2. D

2011 Dirt Works 100km NSW - Entries open tomorrow.

Well DW has been run and won. I guess about 1300 riders were recruited at an average of $130 per rider head. Makes a gross of $169,000 give or take. The donation towards the St Albans RFS seems of, what was it $6500?, a bit mean. Say there were 100 RFS et al volunteers needed for the event, and...
  3. D

carbon tax? has the world gone mad.

ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS Q1. What % of the air is CO2? Respondent’s Answers: nearly all were 20% - 40%, the highest was 75% while the lowest were 10%- 2%. The Correct Answer: CO2 is less than a mere four 100ths of 1%! As a decimal it is 0.038%. As a fraction it is 1/27th of 1%...
  4. D

carbon tax? has the world gone mad.

AT LAST, A LUCID CLEAR EXPLANATION OF WHAT EVERYBODY SHOULD KNOW. Good evening, Those of you that know me well will know that I am apolitcal, both professionally and personally. However, I find that I can no longer sit back and simply mumble to my self " what are those bastards doing to...
  5. D

MTBA AGM- presidential vote

How many committee meetings are there pa? A figure of $114K for committee expenses ($108K for accommodation and travel - wow) seems quite high? $48K for IMBA travel and expenses?? $24K for IMBA trails - what trails were constructed? $18K general expenses for National series should be in the...
  6. D

Here is the for easy viewing. Thanks for these figures 09-10 figures. They make very interesting reading: * Income $1.03m * Series (+national champs?) Cost $0.42mil * Series cost 40% of total income * MTBA support for IMBA $86K. $50K of IMBA expenses were travel, car hire and accommodation...
  7. D

Sorry - am working all weekend.
  8. D

... this is a bit OT but in context of where and what MTBA does or doesn;t do well... and to encourage our new president to take some actions... ".. with the national series why do we have results and (lack of photos) and commentary of the event only directed from the elite level only? How...
  9. D

Is it possible to know which PP are affiliated with MTBA? Is this accessible to the general public? (I presume that if affiliated they then fall under the commissaire guidelines of MTBA as indicated?? It certainly makes it easy as members of MTBA to go in these PP events, but obviously not...
  10. D

I'd change this to: MTBA = Racing (Nat & State series/champs - including things like 24hr Champs, club level events,) IMBA AU = Trail work, participation events (general enduros/marathons/24hr events that are not qualifiers for worlds, etc). Recreational riders I'd agree that promoter run...
  11. D

Maybe what is needed is for MTBA to become the representative body for all MTBers interested in racing, in all its guises and for all non racers be encouraged to join IMBA-aus. (Maybe when a MTB is sold at a bike shop to social only rider, that an IMBA membership is waved before the bike...
  12. D

Alternative Insurance to MTBA

It was raised in another thread by leftiant that instead of being a member of MTBA and enjoying their insurance coverage, that it might be good to belong to IMBA-AU and support trail development and advocacy. That would leave having to find alternative rider insurance for non-competitive trail...
  13. D

Now that's really not off thread. Can our prospective presidents answer this one? Maybe there's room for a non racing combined IMB-MTBA membership which allows for minimal admin fees to be directed to MTBA, but with the bulk of the fee being directed to IMBA and insurance cover for general...
  14. D

OK - found this on MTBA website: MTBA bankrolls the formation of IMBA Australia MTBA is driving the formation of IMBA Australia through the recent signing of a charter with the International Mountain Biking Association (IMBA). IMBA Australia will act as the officially recognised Australian...
  15. D

Do they not refund your day licence less an admin fee, once you rejoin?
  16. D

Can you unpack this a bit? IMBA-AU is currently funded by MTBA as I understand. How much of IMBA-AU is funded through MTBA (us)? How many dollars or cents out of my current MTBA membership goes to IMBA-Au? What does 'user pays', mean?
  17. D

Questions for Candidates So Cuthbert raises some questions for our candidates. Have you any others you'd like to add: Do you believe it is MTBA's role to have greater involvement in trail advocacy work or is this best left to IMBA Australia? If yes, do you realistically have the resources...
  18. D

Now I just ventured over to the MTBA site. It's bit of a dogs breakfast and navigation is a bit ho-hum. You need to dig into the membership tab to get the info wrt benefits,faq etc. But what is interesting is that Rotorburn is the defacto forum of discussion of matters wrt MTBA and there are no...
  19. D

Sashimi grade fish

My nephew used to be a head chef at an award winning seafood restaurant in Manly. I'll ask him for you. (He would still source sushimi quality fish as he has a contract to supply catering meals for one of the big insurance firms in Sydney).
  20. D

Giant Anthem X 29er - See first post for info

I don't think you'll be disappointed! I'm 6', 78kg and am a reasonably fit over 50yo, and am no slouch .... so take what I say with a certain amt of grain of salt... I have ridden a Trance X for a couple of years and loved it for it's cushy ride for my bad back. (Even won a podium place at Bike...