Search results

1. kathiemt

The Photo Snob Thread

No, there isn't. And when I look at the bottom of the screen it has signature permissions html marked as no.
  2. kathiemt

The Photo Snob Thread

You've got your signature hyperlinked. How did you do that? Or is it based on the number of posts here?
  3. kathiemt

The Photo Snob Thread

Hey Tim, I like how you've set up this image at http://www.flickr.com/photos/timcz/5399731314/in/photostream. What did you use to produce the shadow behind effect?
  4. kathiemt

The Photo Snob Thread

It's all about timing though - you getting them to add details to the photo now means that it has been refreshed and the right person has come along. Who knows if they would have noticed it otherwise. Good outcome I'd say!
  5. kathiemt

The Photo Snob Thread

I never upload full res images and always save them for web resolution only. Even if they take my watermark off the EXIF still has my information.
  6. kathiemt

Rock Hop 6 Hour Enduro 2011 and Demo Day

Thanks. Were you there? Did I get any of you? I do have quite a few more (took over 600) and could have a look for you if you like. I'm assuming you had a Red Hill Riders top on. It's sometimes hard to know just how many I should put up and how much interest there might be.
  7. kathiemt

I've got all mine up now and I think the ones linked on the rockhop site also all up.
  8. kathiemt

Standard postage - where do you stand?

Twitter works a treat too. I was having problems with Coles for delivery where I live and a quick tweet got the attention of the right people at Coles and they got it sorted for me pronto!:happy:
  9. kathiemt

The Photo Snob Thread

I've had to set up a routine. I have thousands of photos on my harddrive and backed up to an external hard drive. My 'best' shots are also on an online back up drive and some are burnt to CD. I upload a lot at Flickr and you can see them at http://www.flickr.com/photos/kathiemt/. I belong to a...
  10. kathiemt

The Photo Snob Thread

Loved the blog post and the pic - awesome. Thanks for sharing. Have left a comment at your blog.
  11. kathiemt

Melb - bike route

nearmaps is good also. My hubby rides from Selby to the city and worked out the entire route via nearmaps.
  12. kathiemt

Standard postage - where do you stand?

Anything could have happened to it - delivered to the wrong address in error, sitting in Austpost somewhere as 'lost' because it hasn't been addressed sufficiently, or it's been stolen. I would push for the senders to send a new one, with registered mail (you may have to pay for that part)...
  13. kathiemt

The Photo Snob Thread

You can upload to most photography print places these days and then go pick it up the following day. Or take it and get it in an hour or so.
  14. kathiemt

They're almost all uploaded now. Been working during the day so had to do it in the evenings. There will be over 160 shots once I finish tonight - all processed, just uploading now. Glad you liked what you saw. Re my husband - yes, many, many months of recovery. He had to learn to walk and use...
  15. kathiemt

Yeah, in my signature. I can't hyperlink it. I have a whole gallery at http://www.photosbykathie.com/Sports/The-Rock-Hop-2011/ which is linked at my main site.
  16. kathiemt

I'm still uploading the shots. About 2/3 there now. My husband suffered a spinal cord injury so it's going to take quite a while for him to recover - he's much better than he was but still has a way to go yet. Take it easy with the ankle.
  17. kathiemt

I remember seeing your tent. I was wondering around with my camera and my husband had the bright blue windcheater on chatting with the guys. He's recovering from an MTB accident of 5 months ago so can't get back on the bike yet... much to his disgust.
  18. kathiemt

VIC Lysterfield Park

It is good to see all the hard work that's been put in at Lysterfield. I like driving by the Wellington Road entrance and seeing the piles of gravel getting smaller and the equipment at work.
  19. kathiemt

Was hoping to see posts from those who participated there. I walked some of the track but difficult to see ahead to spots to move to when you can't tell if a rider is coming so stuck to the top parts of the track near the camp. I was there encouraging the Team Sally guys who were participating...
  20. kathiemt

Lysterfield track closures

The water does subside very quickly at Lysterfield. So even with the heavy rain this weekend I expect by mid next week it won't be too bad again.