Search results

1. M

2017 Trek Top Fuel 9.8 - can I change fork?

I am finding the standard Fox 32 Stepcast fork that came on my 2017 Trek Top Fuel 9.8 way too flexy. I am thinking of changing to a Fox 34 Factory or Performance depending on how good a price I can get. Has anyone done this on a Top Fuel? Does it change the ride characteristics too much? I am...
  2. M

TWE Boost Hub

Does anyone know what type of hubs TWE use for their own branded hubs? I have bought a wheelset second hand and need to change the freehub from XD driver to Shimano and for the life of me I don't know how to remove the XD driver. The 2 end caps appear to be threaded on, I can get non drive...
  3. M

Smithfield Trails

I was in Cairns a few weeks back and had a spare afternoon so went up to Smithfield and hired a Norco dualie from Cairns Mountain Bike Tours. Grabbed a map from them and headed over...I had an awesome solo ride, got to ride most of the trails I think (probably missed a few of the local...
  4. M

29er Tyre Thread

I haven't tried the Rocket Rons, but I do run Ikon on the rear and Ardent Race on the front. Can't beat the durability of Maxxis and I reckon this is a good setup for Canberra trails.
  5. M

XT Di2 Discussion Thread

2x making a comeback With the introduction to XT Di2, does this mean 2x setup might make a comeback? Especially with synchro option.
  6. M

wireless earphones for gym

Yurbuds I had the same issue until I bought YurBuds Inspire 200....not wireless but are sweat proof and have proved the business when riding road and trail as well as in the gym.
  7. M

Canberra Rider

Hi there, Have been lurking on forums for a long time. I am a Canberra rider mostly out on the XC trails getting heart rate up....but do enjoy a good longer travel session. Am about to pull trigger on a Spesh Stumpy with flat pedals for those times where you wanna take it easy on the up but go...
  8. M

XT Di2 Discussion Thread

2x may be in again Maybe 2x will come back into favor with XT Di2......
  9. M

Affordable Cairns bike/gear hire.

I used Cairns Mountain Bike Tours for a half day hire when I was up there a month ago. Pretty sure it cost me $95 half day for a dualie norco (not DH bike). Was worth it man, awesome riding.
  10. M

29er Tyre Thread

I am a fan of Ikon rear and Ardent Race up front for Canberra XC stuff. Grip well and bag up nicely I reckon.
  11. M

Wheel size

I see brands are basing 29er and 27.5 models on frame size. I personally have a 29er XC bike and a 29er trail both in large frame....I wouldn't go anything else.
  12. M

Hardtail or Dually

Gotta be a dualie for us on the other side of 40....bit too sensitive for a hard tail
  13. M

Smithfield Trails

Hi there, I was in Cairns a few weeks back and rode Smithfield solo. I hired a dualie from Cairns MTB Tours and grabbed a map. The tracks are really well signposted and have a good mix of XC and AM tracks. If you can't get a riding partner go anyway man, you can't go wrong. Watch out for the...