Search results

1. dropotaro

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Chain reaction order arrived on Friday, so I finished putting my brothers bike together. Went to go for its maiden voyage and the cranks are so bent they are unridable. I fished them out of my parts bin and have no idea why I kept them. Tho should probs be in the fw thread [emoji28]
  2. dropotaro

Bargain buys thread

Oh yeah that makes sense. I bought some brand x from chain reaction on sale. I’m sure they are made of cheese but going a bike my brother will probs not ride so not too worried
  3. dropotaro

Bargain buys thread

Great question. I didn’t even look at that. Lucky he wouldn’t post [emoji51]
  4. dropotaro

Bargain buys thread

Shame his in Adelaide I would have jumped on that wheelset if he would post :(
  5. dropotaro

Picked it up today in all its glitter purple glory. Going to be shame to bang the used parts onto it.
  6. dropotaro

Low pressure floor pump

I have an older JoeBlow that has been pretty great. Gets used a fair bit and I've never had a problem with it. I have even managed to seat tubeless tyres with it. I did get a separate tyre gauge and the according to the new gauge the pump reads 5psi higher consistently.
  7. dropotaro

Got the cheap dirt jumper stripped and ready for the powder coaters
  8. dropotaro

Shimmy shimmy ya

This is such a killer bike, congrats on the build up
  9. dropotaro

If you’ve got the spare time why not go for it. Likely to end up with same final product tho.
  10. dropotaro

The crank spindle is at the right torque spec and sits flush with the bottom bracket. It tapers inward. No gap.
  11. dropotaro

Set up a 1x11 six drivetrain on mates norco storm. It’s heaps nicer than the garbage 3x7 that was on there. The local bike store he bought it from couldn’t get it to shift nice so he asked for a solution. Lucky I picked up those race face cranks super cheap recently. Cheap bikes are cheap for...
  12. dropotaro

Rad, I'll give him call, thanks.
  13. dropotaro

Thanks, I'm still on the fence about the fork graphics tho. Might go all black.
  14. dropotaro

Blast out at the You Yangs today before the rain came in. First proper ride with the new suspension and so far I’m really impressed. Need to work out how to tune it better. Does anyone know of a place I can hire a shockwiz in geelong?
  15. dropotaro

It was super cheap, but if I wasn't going to build it up for my brother I would have left it to the gumtree wolves.
  16. dropotaro

Picked up gumtree special stp for $100. Add mentioned small hit to chain ring. It must have been a pretty massive hit as bent the ring and the mounting tabs on the cranks.
  17. dropotaro

Bargain buys thread

Thanks for the link, just grabbed a set for the commuter.
  18. dropotaro

VIC Troy Lee Designs Moto Shorts *SOLD

These are now FREE. I'm sure someone has a use for these.
  19. dropotaro

What new hobbies/activities have you taken up during lockdown?

I don't know where the penguin came from, I just did some reading as you sparked my interest. The penguin was originally made by Gretsch in the 50s. They never advertised it and sold around 50 of them. They re birthed the penguin recently...
  20. dropotaro

What new hobbies/activities have you taken up during lockdown?

I'll be happy when I can get to that stage. Finger picking is super cool. The more I learn the more I want to learn if you get me.