Search results

1. S

WTB Pike 29 Boost or Similar 140mm-150mm Fork

Item: WTB 29 Pike or Similar Boost 140-150mm Travel. Also would buy Pike lowers. Location: Canberra Price/Willing to Pay: $200-250 for lowers. Will consider price of forks upper limit $700. Extra Info Need to be Boost
  2. S

Please delete wrong section

Item: WTB 29 Pike or Similar Boost 140-150mm Travel. Also would buy Pike lowers. Location: Canberra Item Condition: N/A Reason for WTB: Damaged lowers on Pike. Bushings not replaceable Price and price conditions: $200-250 for lowers. Will consider price of forks upper limit $700.
  3. S

Pike Bushing Damage Help!!!

Hi Guys As a Ham fisted ex car mechanic I made a booboo last night when services my Pikes. I have placed what I think is a substantial dent/impact into the lower bushing and wanting to avoid buying a whole new set of lowers was looking for any workable solutions as to how to smooth it out and...
  4. S

ACT Sold

Item:Giant P TRX 1c Wheelset, Maxxis High Roller II 2.4 andMaxxis Aggressor 2.3 Location: Canberra, ACT Item Condition:Wheelset good used. See photos for small chips and scratches.Front tyre 70%ish and rear95% Reason for selling: No longer have a 27.5 bike. Price and price conditions:$550 ONO...
  5. S

ACT Delete

Post Deleted
  6. S

ACT SOLD Santa Cruz Blur XC Carbon - Medium

Item full name and model etc. Santa Cruz Blur XC Carbon 27.5 Location Canberra ACT Item condition description See below. Reason for selling No longer racing XC and need to fix my commuter Price and price conditions $1,450 ONO Up for sale is my full carbon XC/Trail bike. The frame is full...
  7. S

ACT SOLD 2015 Giant Trance - Medium - ACT

2015 Giant Trance w Pike - Medium Price $2,000 ONO Location Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Reason for Selling: Finally bought my Yeti Up for sale is the bike that changed things for me and got me interested in "enduro" riding. Its been a great ride and will be missed for its...
  8. S

Yeti 4.5 c 5 v 5.5 v 6

Hi Guys After lusting after Yeti's since I first got into mountain biking 20 years ago I'm finally in the position (at the ripe old age of 33) to buy my dream (lets now forget paying the mortgage out earlier). However I'm having a hard time deciding from what is now a comprehensive range of...
  9. S

Suspension Setup Help Giant Trance 1

Hey Guys & Girls, I'm hoping to get some guidance from the brains trust here. Setup I've got a 2015 Trance 1 with a Monarch RT3 (non debonair) and I've been chasing the rear end since I bought it mid last year. I weigh 80kgs and have run the shock in the range of 175 - 195 PSI following...
  10. S

Rockshox Revelation Increasing Travel to 150mm. How does one do it?

Hi Guys Calling on the brains trust. I'm looking at a Revelation RL with Dual Position 120-140mm on a 2015 Giant. Can these forks be extended to 150mm or am I lumbered with selling them for a longer travel fork? Any advice would be apprieciated Cheers JP
  11. S

Thredbo Valley Trail & Crackenback Resort - Anyone Ridden the trails recently?

Hi Guys Taking the family up to Crackenback this weekend and have the opportunity to go for a ride or two. I'd like to know peoples experiences on the Thredbo Valley Trail as a loop starting from Crackenback. What is the climb like from Crackenback to Thredbo? I'm not the worlds fastest...
  12. S

Riding Around Avoca Beach

Afternoon All, Looking for some help. I'll be on hols at Avoca Beach in early Feb with the family but I'll probably get an arvo or two off from the kids to ride. Is there any single track nearby or in the surrounding area? I'm merely a trail/XC rider so I'm not seeking out a DH/FR trail but...
  13. S

CLOSURE - An entrancing question

Edit: Stuffed up the Poll should be Alloy Trance 1. Hello Burners, The time has come for a new steed to be added to the stable. I raced my 1st Enduro on my 100mm Santa Cruz earlier this year and loved it. I'm going to keep 26/650b FrankenBlur SC for XC duties but want a bike with a bit more...
  14. S

Giant US 2015 Trail & XC

Hey Guys & Girls Looks like a large number of the trial and xc bikes for 2015 are up on the US site. http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-us/bike-finder/everyone/offroad/?level=all Cheers
  15. S

The internal argument Boutique vs Mass Produced

Having a young family. Two under Two and having broken my thumb early this year I've found myself with less riding time as well as a distinct lack of fitness after 4 months off the bike (don't ever bust a thumb it takes forever to heal). I've decided it's probably an appropriate time to try and...
  16. S

Lowering BB & Tightening Head Angle

Hey Burners I wasn't great at geometry at school so I'm looking for some advice to seek an even better handling bike. Bike- Santa Cruz Blur XCc converted to 650b. 100mm rear and 120mm fox float front fork. BB height 13.3 inches. Issue - i'd like to lower the BB by 0.3 of an inch or...
  17. S

Scott Spark Linkage: Does it work?

Hey Guys I'm just having a look around at some new bike options and have had the Scott Spark put in front of me. http://www.scott-sports.com/global/en/products/233969008/bike-spark-720-l/ My last 2 bikes have been 100mm floating pivot designs i.e. Giant Anthem 26er and Santa Cruz Blur XCC 650B...
  18. S

Garmin 810 or GoPro 3+ Black

Hey Guys I'm a lucky boy and have a choice of getting either of the above for xmas. So given I can't decide I thought I'd open it up to the esteemed members of this forum. I ride largely xc around canberra but hope to venture further a field so I'm torn between mapping abilities and video...
  19. S

27.5 or 29 Carbon Hardtal

Hi Guys I'm in the throws of trying to pick out my next hardtail which will be majority used for racing and commuting. I'm a stocky build and only 167cm tall but have owned 29ers in the past (Niner EMD & Scott Scale Carbon) and found whilst the front end feels a bit high 29ers have been...
  20. S

What's the right amount of trail bike travel for Canberra trails

Hi Guys Currently riding a Santa Cruz Blur with 650b (sorry 27.5) wheels with 120mm front travel and 100mm in the rear. Its a great bike especially for XC use. I haven't had a bike with more than 120mm of travel in the past 5 years. I want to get riders inputs as to weather 140mm (i.e. A...