Search results

1. DougalStrachan

Thinking of giving a gravel bike a crack

A lot of roadies seems to be giving it a shot. The more the merrier I say. Definitely more a 'type 2' activity as they say, I've now done a casual gravel race and a proper gravel race - definitely like the casual one better. MTB races still have a better overall vibe, but it was still a...
  2. DougalStrachan

All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

I got this from ebay - I keep em in the shed fridge - I expect they'll last me years https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/251886136987
  3. DougalStrachan

Newly Released Bikes General

First it annoyed me because they often don't change the brake routing run it to the other side of the frame, then I noticed the Photoshop effort on the brake routing where the front hose disappears so maybe they do bother to reroute, but don't take a photo of the actual bike but just pay someone...
  4. DougalStrachan

Bargain buys thread

Just went through the same process @pink poodle FFS when I filter by In Stock and size, show me the f#%en products in that size that has stock. I gave up as I really didn't need the gear, so that's lost em a sale (I'd have also filled out an order with some other randoms as well)
  5. DougalStrachan

Motorcycle Thread - Post it all

Learn something everyday - don't like my chances of fitting that tho!!
  6. DougalStrachan

Motorcycle Thread - Post it all

FU MX tyres!!!! Was all going smoothly but managed to snag the tube (again) right at the end - threw 100ml of tyre sealent in there and walked away. (It sealed but that's not the point) It is so frustrating!!! Young fella was gutted as he was the one to nick the tube.
  7. DougalStrachan

You know you're getting old when ...

Yep if you don't bomb I wont let you swim.... I'm very strict.......
  8. DougalStrachan

You know you're getting old when ...

This is why my pool has a no bomb no swim policy, bloody fun police at pools. My young fella figured it out tho, when he decides he's going home he does flips / bombs etc off the diving platforms / boards and when he gets asked to leave that's OK as he was going anyway. Proud Dad moment when...
  9. DougalStrachan

Ebike Max Weight

Boo sir, boo I say!!! If I've learnt nothing else watching people ride ebikes is that having the right bike for the occasion is not a factor for ebikes, having minimum 170mm travel on rails trails is the way!! My wife only does rails trails and green trails with her 170mm ebike so I know
  10. DougalStrachan

Confessions from the fuckwits

Two in a row..... Anyway not bike related but motorbike is close? - yesterday taking the packing material out of the MX silencer / muffler, clamped the fiberglass sheets in the vice and pulled the muffler upwards, turns out towards my face (It had been a while since this had been replaced). I...
  11. DougalStrachan

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Nope - chucked a tube in and good to go tho - big question is how good a dad am I? Do I go matchy matchy and put two new valves on or rummage and find whatever I can and put that on...........
  12. DougalStrachan

Headed to Tumbarumba for the long weekend with a few other families (Bit of an Easter tradition) about 40 of us in all. Wasn't a riding focused weekend but did manage to hit up some trails in Tumbarumba - credit to whoever maintains these, great set of trails. 2 main trailheads that have a...
  13. DougalStrachan

The "I will ride _____km in 2024" thread - commit and conquer here!!

I am a child at times...... Not on a fancy subscription so couldn't (be bothered) figuring elevation, but assume it's not a lot :D
  14. DougalStrachan

POS The selfie

Wait I thought Shuttle as a name was part of the joke...... Apparently the real fool is me
  15. DougalStrachan

Newly Released Suspension & Components General

Technically I too can track stand for a very short time...... VERY short time......
  16. DougalStrachan

Chain breaker tool, which one?

I did have one chain breaker that seems to be made of cheese - I stuck with that for ages and it seems really hard to use. Ended up bending that (that's how soft it was) and got a Lezyne one and was amazed how much easier it was so I suspect it's probably more of a product quality issue rather...
  17. DougalStrachan

Finished building the lads bike, only one mercy run to the LBS as I had no more hydraulic hose, and of course the front brake wasn't long enough for a straight swap. Should be a pretty fun bike. Will need to fit it for him. Going to Tumbarumba for Easter and I believe there are a few tracks...
  18. DougalStrachan

The San Quinton hardtail - 3rd one I've purchased (This time frame only as I can swap parts etc). Not a go fast XC bike but a lot of fun to ride. Got it from Bikesonline on special for $500
  19. DougalStrachan

Damn it - ordered a 150mm Z1 Bomber for the new frame for the lad as well, $500 seems a hard price to go past and a bit better than the RS Revelation he had before