Search results

1. S

Tell me more about spokes

If for general riding comps- easy to build. I used to use revolutions for light wheels but now build with bladed spokes as they are so much easier to build with (no twist- revos can twist a LOT and your wheel will soon be a wobbly mess). Aerolites same cost or more than CXray.... If in...
  2. S

Octopus dna sequenced, unlike anything else on the planet

"The octopus appears so utterly different from all other animals, even ones it’s related to, that the British zoologist Martin Wells famously called it an alien. " I think you might want to read the article again......
  3. S

sold

Item: 650b carbon HT frame (18") with fork and more including items listed below Location: Adelaide will post at buyers expense Item Condition: as new Reason for selling: project that never happened.... Price and price conditions: sold Extra Info: Matt black 142x12 rear (axle...
  4. S

sold

price drop to payment pending.....
  5. S

sold

price drop......
  6. S

What's up with Parents these days?

Interesting thread, always good to get some insight in others parenting views and issues. We had our 6 year old turn into a demon end of last year, quite out of the blue- full on tantrums (at home), screaming, kicking, bitting, sometimes lasting hours... Pretty sure a large cause was his...
  7. S

sold

sold...............
  8. S

Mavic Crossmax SLR - SOLD

no idea, I have only ever had them in QR/ QR- back in the day......
  9. S

Mavic Crossmax SLR - SOLD

peeps will be keen to know 26/ 27 and a bit/ 29/ QR/ 15/ 20/ 12/ 135/ 142 etc......
  10. S

Ad campagains you wish existed and general bike snobbery

Shimano- for those who like a bit more.
  11. S

Shimano- we make some heavy shit!
  12. S

Johnny- when you absolutely positively have to bore every motherfucker in this thread.
  13. S

Total Fire Bans means stay out.

SA has been blessed with loads of Gov. $s spent on MTB trails in the last years. Opening of Cleland and Belair Nat parks in the last year ( on a 1 year trial). Yep, sounds like a great idea to say get fucked I will ride when and where I want. Lets show those that pay for our trails we are an...
  14. S

flexy seat post

I got my P6 from ebay for $147 (new), well worth the money. Plan to get one for the roadie too.....
  15. S

Most mind bending movies you've seen

We watch most movies with subtitles as English in my wife's 2nd language. Subs make it much easier to follow and 2nd time was much better. I love movies that have so much going on you need to watch them a few times.
  16. S

Most mind bending movies you've seen

just watched it again 2 days ago at the Moonlight cinema with my 8 yr old daughter. Classic movie. Mememento- probably Guy Pierce's best role the Cloud Atlas - awesome movie Moon- will do your head in... Seven- super creepy but gets you thinking
  17. S

Skool me on dropper posts

Even for an XC rider it's just about having a lot more fun on the bike. Of course you don't NEED one just like you don't need suspension..... Mine gets used in every height, still getting used to riding with it though. Leave it down on the roof of the car too...
  18. S

Where to ride in Adelaide

Fox Creek is about 50 mins from PA and our best all round riding, down hill, AM, XC. Bring your climbing legs.... I guess there would now be about 50-70km of trails?
  19. S

Dodgy trader experience

had a recent trade with him while the shit fight was going on, took a while to get post sorted due to a mix up on his end, he then express posted package.....
  20. S

Maps for GPS's

I am looking into a mapping GPS too, looking at this http://www.wildfiresports.com.au/garmin-edge-810-mapping-only-bundle-aus-nz-topo-ma they also have the topo maps card for $130