Search results

1. P

Question for female riders

G'day - at that age it's tough because I think girls at that age are super self conscious about periods too. Personally I would never ride with a pad, I don't use tampons since discovering the mooncup a couple of years ago (you can google it) but it's probably not something a 13 yo is likely to...
  2. P

2014 Lapierre XR 529 EI

I have the 2013 non EI version of the XR team, and I love this bike. If you aren't sold on the EI idea then get the model with plain out mechanical lockout, still a fantastic bike.
  3. P

Have the weather gods finally frowned on the fling ?

It got too cold and my GU wouldn't leave my flask without some serious suction effort which made me light headed, so I swapped to individual GUs at the oval. The GU flowed fine when I was packing in 35 degree heat in Newcastle :-/. The jacket stayed taped to my top tube the whole race, I raced...
  4. P

Have the weather gods finally frowned on the fling ?

Train had passed but warning signals on the crossing hadn't stopped yet, that is what I heard from one of the top elite males. In the end the weather was a lot better than it could have been, no rain before the race but we (non-elite full flingers) started in a very cold highland drizzle which...
  5. P

2013 #XCM Series

According to this the first race is Feb next year http://mtb.subaru.com.au/
  6. P

SOLD Easton EA90 Wheelset 29er F15mm R12x142 hardly ridden PRICE DROP $550

Bump with price drop, can still bring to the Scott25 this weekend if you're quick
  7. P

SOLD Brand New XTR rear derailleur M980, unused in box - $130 ono

bump before it goes on eBay
  8. P

SOLD Brand New XTR rear derailleur M980, unused in box - $130 ono

Item: Shimano XTR Shadow Top Normal Rear Derailleur SGS Dyna Sys 10 sp. Location: Newcastle can post at buyers expense (but should not be much) Item Condition: Brand new in box Reason for selling:Won as a prize, but isn't the model that will fit my bike Price and price conditions: $130 or...
  9. P

SOLD Easton EA90 Wheelset 29er F15mm R12x142 hardly ridden PRICE DROP $550

Item: Easton EA90 XC wheelset, 29er came stock on my Lapierre which was purchased in Feb2013 Location: Newcastle/Lake Macquarie NSW Item Condition:only done about 100km on these wheels, been running lighter race golds as i am a lightweight and now upgrading to carbon Reason for selling:I...
  10. P

Shimano MTB GP Series 2013 - Fast 4h and Furious 7h racing that rocks!

Great event as always from Martin and Julianne, great weather and great track. Race report is here http://ihateintervals.blogspot.com.au/ :dance:
  11. P

Convict 50 Difficulty

Unfortunately this is not the case in NSW where TAC doesn't exist. In Victoria TAC covers anyone involved regardless of fault, in NSW green slip doesn't cover you if you're at fault. Crap system but that's the way NSW rolls. However it's probably still worth investigating, that and whatever...
  12. P

NSW " Hidden Valley Classic "

hope this helps
  13. P

Shimano MTB GP Series 2013 - Fast 4h and Furious 7h racing that rocks!

Like Rida said, no one is excluded from Elite - the older riders can enter elite if they wish to. However if people choose to race age category then that's the category they are called onto the podium for... this round had more than double the amount of women in the solo 7 than round #1 so...
  14. P

The Mont 2013.

best photo of the event - found in unidentified! http://www.auroraimages.com.au/index.php?module=media&pId=102&id=1038380&category=gallery/events/mtb/mt13&start=0/
  15. P

Lapierre xr

Yeah my local shop has the XT one in stock now - seriously good value, and if you get a light wheelset it's pretty much similar weight to the Team version!
  16. P

Lapierre xr

To revive an old thread, I'm now riding the XR team and loving it. I've had it for a couple of weeks now raced it at Thredbo and Stromlo. In current configuration it weighs 10.5kg with pedals (race gold wheelset, heavier saddle than stock, Time pedals etc), I don't have the EI version, just...