Search results

1. M

JetBlack 24 Hour 2014 - 24 Solo National Championships

They did well, I was a pit person and I was quite happy for it to stop. The Mont is just a big money making exercise, lots of artificial coolness...
  2. M

Odd question - crying in 24 hour races

An odd thing, yes, it probably is because I am a wuss..... Each time I have done a 24 and not had a sleep I have ended up crying somewhere between 1 and 4am. I have no idea why although the question of why am I here and what was I thinking entering this... is strong at that time. It happens...
  3. M

NSW Ginja Ninja 250 - 10th Feb 2013 - Orange NSW

The course is fun, could you organise a good rain before the event please, its going to be damn dusty if not
  4. M

NSW 2013 SRAM SINGLETRACK MIND SERIES - The 4th year of singletrack shredding!

thanks, thats all i needed, just not to keen on starving, dont want to risk losing valuable kilos before a race.
  5. M

NSW 2013 SRAM SINGLETRACK MIND SERIES - The 4th year of singletrack shredding!

I am going to camp, can anyone tell me how long it is to drive from the race site to a pub etc for dinner? any local knowledge would be appreciated - including reccomendations on a good place to eat. thanks
  6. M

Taree Choc Foot Race

Having never ridden anywhere near taree... What is the track surface like? Sandy / rocks...? Any info from Taree locals would be appreciated
  7. M

Chinese Carbon 29er

I second that, and that Mc Mahone you linket to looks really, really very exactly precisely like my china frame, I wonder...
  8. M

Chinese Carbon 29er

I commented early on in this 'discussion' but then got too annoyed with some of the silly things being said. I have 2 no name carbon china frames, a 26inch ht which I rode for almost 3 years before going to a 29er. The 26 inch china frame is hanging in my garage in good condition. I did...
  9. M

NSW Ginja Ninja 250 - 10th Feb 2013 - Orange NSW

Rode the course today, some track will be familiar to people who did the Singletrack Mind or Ninja race last year but there is a fair bit that is either new or was not in those events. Some parts severely test tyre grip with high speed curves (Bogans run) ( or possibly my skill ) there are B...
  10. M

NSW 2012 SRAM Singletrack Mind Enduro Series – New venues, more singletrack adventures!

Thankyou Joe & Fiona, after all 6 races I am glad to have done them, all were challenging in different ways. It is great to go knowing that things are organised, water / toilets... are there every time, the events start on time... Will do it all again next year (hopefully that radical...
  11. M

Easter in the Central West is perfect!

What will the events be?
  12. M

NSW 2012 SRAM Singletrack Mind Enduro Series – New venues, more singletrack adventures!

Could anyone tell me if we will be able to camp at the Welby track - as we could for the last few races? thanks
  13. M

2013 MTB Wagga 6 Hour - Feedback Sought

I loved the last 2 races you ran. For the date - we had the first Choc Foot race in Orange at the same time as capital punishment this year and there was a good crowd, it didnt seem to be too effected by the other event.
  14. M

Coondoo Rd Track?

So would you bring the dual suspension or H/T for a solo ride?
  15. M

Coondoo Rd Track?

Am going in the nexxt single track mind race at nowra, the description on their site says it is fairly flat but not too much more What sort of surface is it? - rocky like Stromlo or smoothish like most pine forests...? What sort of lap times are expected? - or what times happen at club...
  16. M

Gels

I buy maltodextrin (main ingredient in most commercial gels) and mix with a drink powder I like and for races I mix in a bit of caffine, far cheaper, probably not quite as good but excellent for long training rides
  17. M

Chinese Carbon 29er

I have exactly the same frame, I have had it for over 12 months and have just done the first 2 Choc Foot races on it solo. I use Racing Ralph 2.4 tyres nice and soft (the HT for 7+ hours gets a bit tough) and I am leading the Clydesdale class so far. I weigh 105kg - meaniing that the frame gets...
  18. M

Geurie 3 Hour - June 3

How much track have you got out there? - (Total km of singletrack I mean)?
  19. M

in the transition / car park area there is 4 bar coverage for optus - and at almost all points of the track there is coverage - just not at the lowest points but the carpark is good
  20. M

that one in the pic is just after a corner on a very fast down hill with nice sweeping corners + little berms - once you see it (for the first time) there is just time ot slow down before hitting it - I have taken the B line which is certainly slower however it looks quite possible - Im just a...