Search results

1. A

Cyclocross gallery - post yours!

So I have a few new tidbits to add to the bike and I need your advice for the most important aspect of any bike: colour scheme. The bars are being replaced with something lighter, so I'm choosing between either fluro orange or fluro pink handlebar tape. Orange to match the bike? Or pink just...
  2. A

"Tubeless Compatible" rims and tires.

Hey all, I just got my mitts on my shiny new Focus Mares, and I'm wanting to convert to tubeless. The wheelset that came stock with the bike are the DT Swiss R24 DB Spline wheels, which say that they are "tubeless compatible". I'm currently changing over my aggressive Rocket Ron tires to a...
  3. A

New commuter and training bike:
  4. A

XC "Budget" Race Build Thread

Yeah definitely lighter. And contrary to common belief, purple is actually faster than red.
  5. A

Post your 29er!

My sweet Scott Scale RC900. It's been a while since I rode a HT...
  6. A

Sorry guys, I was away on holidays for a while. I got back on the weekend, finished up the build over the last few days, and took her out for her maiden voyage today. She's... very fast. Final weight, 8.9kg.
  7. A

XC HT + Roadie? Or XC HT + Cyclocross?

Stalker! Yup I got my mitts on the last medium Mares CX 2.0 in the country. Super chuffed. I have some 700x33 Challenge Chicane tires on the way, something a little more suitable for commuting. I'll see how they go. If they aren't fast enough on the road for my tastes, I'll go something...
  8. A

Just placed a deposit on one of the last Focus Mares CX 2.0 in Australia in Medium... picking it up tomorrow. Pics to come!
  9. A

Another nice option just discovered: Focus Mares 2.0 Cx It's a similar price to the Giant Tcx Adv 1. Thru axle front n rear. Internal routing. Hydra disk brakes. Lighter than the Giants. Sram Rival. Dt swiss wheels.
  10. A

That's a nice option! Though at the moment I'm leaning very heavily towards one of those sexy Giants. The basic plan is to keep it stock, and only swap out the Racing Ralphs for a more mellow tread like Stan's Raven, and set it up tubeless. For commutes I'll keep the pressure high for the...
  11. A

I'm down south of Syd :( Thanks for the offer though!
  12. A

Yeah I called my LBS, and they are completely out of stock and no available demos in the Giant. They did say however that they can get them on order and it takes about 2-3 weeks for stock to arrive. They also said they would do me a deal that should get me below the $3999 Rrp. It's going to...
  13. A

If it is something that I can just get replaced through Specialized, I don't see there being too much of an issue. I'm not really one to be using aftermarket forks if the Specialized fork does a fine job and has rotor mounts. If it doesn't, then I would probably have doubts about the build...
  14. A

How often does one go through headsets and forks in CX? Outside of a racing scenario?
  15. A

I've narrowed it down to: Specialized Crux Elite Cannondale SuperX Disk Fuji Altamira 1.3 Giant TCX Advanced Pro 1 Out of all the other bikes in the price range, the above bikes were the ones within price domain which were carbon, had at least partially internal routing, decent...
  16. A

Some of the CX bikes around in shops aren't actually nearly as bad as I thought in terms of price. I would consider a few of them, they seem to have nice frames and groupsets. I would only really want to change the saddle, and in some cases I would change the wheelset and tires. Here are a...
  17. A

Maybe I've only had shitty brakes or braking surfaces, but I find disk brakes to be much better than rim brakes in the wet. That said however, I have never used mechanical disks. Only hydraulic. As for playfulness, I'm just waiting for someone to post the video of "Road Bike Party". I would...
  18. A

I'm looking at building another bike for the odd group road ride and for commuting to uni a few times a week, and need some thoughts from people. I currently have an XC 29er hardtail race machine for most of my club races, adventure racing, and mtb orienteering, and I'm tossing up between the...
  19. A

NZ: $25m Port Hills bike park gets the thumbs up!

Good news for NZ and any travellers making the journey to Christchurch! http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/news/65267052/Port-Hills-bike-park-gets-go-ahead $25 million dollar bike "Adventure Park" gets the green light. Chairlift assisted runs, on-site accommodation, cafe, change rooms, hiking...
  20. A

Ok time for an update. Everything is on the bike and installed, with a few things that I'll need to change over once I get the parts. I still need to adjust everything and get it working smoothly, but I expect to be out on the bike's maiden voyage in the next 2 or 3 days. As for a...