Search results

1. A

"Tubeless Compatible" rims and tires.

Hey all, I just got my mitts on my shiny new Focus Mares, and I'm wanting to convert to tubeless. The wheelset that came stock with the bike are the DT Swiss R24 DB Spline wheels, which say that they are "tubeless compatible". I'm currently changing over my aggressive Rocket Ron tires to a...
  2. A

XC HT + Roadie? Or XC HT + Cyclocross?

I'm looking at building another bike for the odd group road ride and for commuting to uni a few times a week, and need some thoughts from people. I currently have an XC 29er hardtail race machine for most of my club races, adventure racing, and mtb orienteering, and I'm tossing up between the...
  3. A

NZ: $25m Port Hills bike park gets the thumbs up!

Good news for NZ and any travellers making the journey to Christchurch! http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/news/65267052/Port-Hills-bike-park-gets-go-ahead $25 million dollar bike "Adventure Park" gets the green light. Chairlift assisted runs, on-site accommodation, cafe, change rooms, hiking...
  4. A

Male brass connection when shortening brakes

I'm currently shortening my braided Hope brake hoses, and after much fiddling with the brass olive, finally got it over the hose. Next step is to replace the brass insert (male) which plugs in to the inner plastic hose. However, I can't seem to get the bugger to go in. Any workshop tricks I...
  5. A

"Default" rotor sizes for caliper mount without adaptors

Hey all, I'm in the middle of a build and having trouble finding adaptors for my brake callipers. I'm encountering problems trying to mix and match different brand sizing, and I may just fess up and get new rotors to keep it simple. Problem is, I'm not sure what the "default" rotor size is...
  6. A

XC "Budget" Race Build Thread

Greetings all, This will be my first DIY build, not including a shitty fixie I tried to build several years ago (don't judge me). The bike will be 29er HT, for my MTB Orienteering, Adventure Racing, and MTB club races. Aim is to have everything done around $3000, and under 9kg. The way...
  7. A

Greasing Direct Mount Chainring?

Quick Q: I've given my X0 crank arms and spindle a good rub down before installing my pretty blue AbsoluteBlack direct mount chainring. I've left the wave spacer where I found it (on the drive side of the spindle). Do I grease the wave spacer on both sides (where it contacts the bottom...
  8. A

12T Jockey Wheels without N/W Teeth.

Hey all, How important is the Narrow/Wide tooth arrangement for jockey wheels on 1x11 drivetrains? The SRAM 11 speed derailleurs come stock with 12T Narrow Wide Jockey wheels, but I wanted to swap mine out for some shiny blue KCNC 12T jockey wheel bling (which are not Narrow/Wide...
  9. A

NSW WTB: High-end XC Race Shoes

Hey all, Item: I'm looking for a pair of higher end XC race shoes, size 44eu. Location: Located Illawarra NSW, but I'll pay for postage from anywhere. Price range/Willing to Pay: $100 Extra Info: By high end, I mean something stiff, lightweight, and a nice buckle system.
  10. A

Weird little bottom bracket frame plug thingo replacement.

Merry Christmas all, I'm in the process of refurbishing my Scott Scale frame for the new build, and wanted to replace the little plastic cable guide thingo that plugs in to the frame on the underside of the bottom bracket. Any idea where I could get my mitts on a new replacement?
  11. A

Most streamlined XC Cockpit

Hey all, I'm building up a new HT for XC and Adventure Racing, so far on paper the build is looking sub 9kg, while still being a good practical bike. I really like a simplistic bar setup, and would like to avoid clutter as much as possible. What combo of trigger shifter and brake levers...
  12. A

Delete please

SOLD pending payment. Delete please.
  13. A

Scott vs Look

Armed with new funds from cashing in my old mountain bike, I am setting out to purchase a new Hardtail Cross Country racer. I am looking for opinions from other bikers as to which would be a good choice for my new baby. I am looking for something definately race-worthy, with maximum speed and...