Search results

1. Mitch.Pierias

Video makers 'post here'

How come your editing in After effects? Do you have premiere? Try exporting as a .mov and then re-render through 'Media Encoder' for YouTube or Vimeo (presets). Or you could try opening 'Media Encoder', click 'Add' and select the After effects project then change the 'Preset' to h.264 YouTube...
  2. Mitch.Pierias

Video makers 'post here'

Same, the 14K one. Got a couple extra batteries as well because all I had was power problems on set with the red one. Allot of people want to rent it out with the PL mount now so I am going to need to buy that. I am confused about the upgrade. If/when we upgrade to dragon, does it become a...
  3. Mitch.Pierias

Video makers 'post here'

Really? So did I. What package and mount did you get? Yer the down sampling is stupid. It was something to do with avoiding interpolation during the debayer process so you are getting true 1080p from the sensor. Did you hear about the possibility of the next gen DSLR's having a 4K video function?
  4. Mitch.Pierias

New to MTB + DH Videos

Swwweeetttttttt!!! Left feedback on vimeo.
  5. Mitch.Pierias

[Captyvate Media] Twixtor Extreme Slow-Motion testing

I figure out a way around that :)
  6. Mitch.Pierias

Video makers 'post here'

That's heaps cool.
  7. Mitch.Pierias

Video makers 'post here'

Thoughts? So was Red Scarlet and Avid 6
  8. Mitch.Pierias

Video makers 'post here'

This thread is dead, what is everybody doing?
  9. Mitch.Pierias

Video makers 'post here'

Only a couple of millimeters difference between a 2/3 inch sensor and a 16mm film frame. Black Swan and The Hurt Locker were both filmed on 16mm film cameras (plus a few other cameras) and there is a few more recent films on 16mm as well. The scarlet is available in a interchangeable lens...
  10. Mitch.Pierias

Video makers 'post here'

Interchangeable is probably not worth it bro, it takes 16mm lenses so if you wanted to upgrade to a epic brain in the future then all your glass will not transfer over and therefore will become useless. Also you gotta buy lenses and the interchangeable doesn't come with monitor, battery or side...
  11. Mitch.Pierias

Video makers 'post here'

Well, do you really need a camera right now or you just want one?
  12. Mitch.Pierias

Video makers 'post here'

Yer that's very true, well they have manufactured 60, 000 Epics so I am sure they going to manufacture a shitload more Scarlets. I don't think they will run out of stock but the backlog of orders and shipping will definitely pile up quickly. Hopefully they come out when I am over there so I can...
  13. Mitch.Pierias

Video makers 'post here'

Wow, red one has increased in price in the last few months, used to be $19K They are looking at $6000 USD, that is for the scarlet fixed which is 3K at 120fps, RAW, 2/3inch sensor, selectable data rates up to 80mb/sec I believe with the sacrifice of frame rate and/or resolution, 12.5DR (up...
  14. Mitch.Pierias

Video makers 'post here'

Just thought I would add the Red is looking at a release of Scarlet very soon, they are predicted to be shipping to red one owners late April, so just a thought anyhow. The Epic-M is already shipping and Epic-X is being shipped very soon. Scarlet is actually fully working right now, production...
  15. Mitch.Pierias

A DH / Flow trail Webisode.

I don't like overused POV, keep it short and it works great.
  16. Mitch.Pierias

"Ride Your Way" Trailer

Oh Wow. That was amazing.
  17. Mitch.Pierias

Video makers 'post here'

I believe CS5 is 64 bit only, so no... If somehow it works, lower the preview resolution so you can edit fluidly. The final export of full rez previews will take a bit to render but at least all the fiddly bits will be quicker.
  18. Mitch.Pierias

Video makers 'post here'

Stabilized to the goggles. Looked like you shot in 50p as well and then exported/uploaded in 50p?
  19. Mitch.Pierias

Video makers 'post here'

Hey Gnawrock, were you at Bond university a couple weeks ago? Mitch.
  20. Mitch.Pierias

Video makers 'post here'

You can fix Rolling shutter in post fairly easily now olly. And your right, the old Z1's and small imager video cameras will die out soon, I believe they already have. VDSLR's are taking over for now, I just hope they improve Dynamic range, compression algorithms and bit-rates in the near...