Search results

1. dilemma

Bombay to Beijing by Bicycle

Hey, Just heard a snippet of an interview on Triple J with a Melbourne comedian, Russell McSomething (?) who cycled through India and China. He has written a book about it and does a stand up show which I think is playing soon in Melbourne. He sounded like a funny bloke. Has anyone read...
  2. dilemma

Bike Show MTNX - IMPORTANT - LATEST INFO

Not sure if you've seen the article here So to give you all a heads up on what's going on, 1. The MTNX course at Sydney Olympic Park is currently under construction 2. Round 1 of the National MTNX Series is being held on this course on Friday 21 October 2005 3. Entries are open and entry...
  3. dilemma

Too close to home.

Just heard about this. This happened about 2km from my house, on the route that I regularly ride. My deepest sympathies to the family of the cyclist and I hope that the cops nail the driver's ass for what he deserves. My stomach churns because as cyclists, we are so vulnerable, despite all...
  4. dilemma

Sydney 24 hour

Hey all, Just wondering who's going to be at the Sydney 24 hour this weekend? Anyone going solo? What teams have you got organised? See ya there! :D
  5. dilemma

Call 000! I've got a blister...

Did anyone else get alarmed after reading this? :eek: :confused: (From www.smh.com.au) NSW ambulance crews are dealing with a rocketing number of non-emergency calls - such as blisters in new shoes and helping fix broken kettles. The number of cases where ambulance officers do not...
  6. dilemma

Any Horticulturists around?

There's some interesting fruit varieties around, like apples crossed with pears, square watermelons and stuff. How do they cross fruit species? Is it full on genetic modification? Why the hell am I asking this? :eek: ...I dreamt up a new variety of fruit last night, a new variety of...
  7. dilemma

Granny's health gripes

I guess I'm not really ready to qualify for granny status just yet (I've only just turned 24) but thought I'd share my current woes with youse a la granny kidney stones style ;) This is how the story goes, kiddies... The day dawned bright and sunny with not a skerrick of cloud in the...
  8. dilemma

Creepy as all hell

This is disgusting... This is from today's Sydney Morning Herald... (sorry for the long post) Here's the link for the actual story of what happened... it's pretty twisted, there are some messed up, horrible people around ...
  9. dilemma

What makes you smile?

This morning on my way to work I passed an old guy - would have been at least 60 years old or more, with white hair, wrinkles, the works - riding a unicycle. He was wearing knee pads and elbow pads and a black skate lid. Now that is cool :D :D :D
  10. dilemma

Blondeness

Okay so it's pretty off topic, but I thought we could share some blondeness between farkiners. I'm sure there's bound to be someone who has heard every joke (blonde or otherwise), but there are some jokes that just need to be shared. So I'll start... BLONDENESS PART I Once upon a...
  11. dilemma

Go Dodger

Mick Rogers has just won his second Time Trial World Title overnight. What a legend. He was awarded his gold medal from last year yesterday morning (This was the one was awarded after the winner, David Millar was banned for EPO, moving Rogers into 1st place). Then he raced and won this year's...
  12. dilemma

Bear almost rides out of zoo

Bear breaks out August 31, 2004 - 1:44PM An Andean spectacled bear escaped from its enclosure in Berlin zoo and roamed around a children's playground - the second breakout since June, when a gorilla leapt over its fence, the zoo's deputy director said today. "There was no panic among visitors...
  13. dilemma

Snow

Hey has anyone been to the snow recently? I'm heading down on 9 Sept (Staying at Jindy, snowboarding at Perisher Blue). I've heard it's been a ripper season. This is my 3rd time snowboarding but I picked it up pretty quickly last year. I think riding improved my balance heaps. Not that...