Search results

1. Cave Dweller

Modifying D2R Shadow Trainer for 11 speed and ANT+ speed sensor

Drilled two holes in the casing and zipped tied in place. Loop zip tie through the sensor just like you would zip tie the sensor to the chain stay, then feed it in one hole and out the other.
  2. Cave Dweller

Post your Roadie

Cannondale In race setup
  3. Cave Dweller

Bring back camoshop and other long lost burners

Calm down people, I'm back.
  4. Cave Dweller

Post your Roadie

I had a really annoying click. I changed: Pedal spindles Pedal bearings Changed cleats Changed bottom bracket Re-greased the speedplay pedal numerous times Re-greased the speedplay cleats numerous times Nothing was working. It was also related to temperaure, the noise was louder when...
  5. Cave Dweller

Road Tubeless worth it?

Given up on road tubeless after 1 1/2 years. Too many flats/torn tires (mostly from rides in the rain). I have not had stans repair even one tubeless flat, its just sprays latex everywhere. Putting a replacement tube in road side is such a pain. The beads are so tight. I have had so many...
  6. Cave Dweller

[STOLEN] Turner DHR and Banshee Spitfire

Bike: 2004 Turner DHR and 2013 Banshee Spitfire Colour: Black and Polished Raw Date it was stolen: 13th August 2014 Where it was stolen: Wollstonecraft, Sydney, NSW PM me through here is you see them Specs: Bike 1 Turner DHR 2004 black Avalanche DHS rear shock Boxxer races upgraded...
  7. Cave Dweller

Cool, let us know how it goes.
  8. Cave Dweller

Not sure which resistance level you would use as this would change the speed to power relationship as you say. Maybe send trainer road an email? The D2R is listed as compatible though. http://www.trainerroad.com/features/virtual-power
  9. Cave Dweller

Hi Steve, I just saw this post. What I did was to drill a hole through the flywheel and into the inductor ring. I tapped the hole and then threaded in a stud and loctite in place. You may need to grind down the inner and outer ends of the stud, in needs to be flush or it catches on other bits...
  10. Cave Dweller

Conditioning your ass

I used to get pressure sores. I was running cream, Assos shorts and a SLR super flow saddle. Nothing helped. What made the difference was getting a bike fit. I was sitting too far back and didn't have correct weight distribution. Since putting on a longer stem and sliding the seat forward I...
  11. Cave Dweller

Solo charity challenge-Ride from sunshine coast to Darwin

Nothing like a road bike trip, have fun!
  12. Cave Dweller

Touring Amsterdam to Copenhagen - sanity check

Get boxes from bike shop and box them before you get the airport. Just imagine trying to do this at the airport only to discover the pedal is stuck in the crank arm and you just can't get it off. You just dont need that stress. On the other side just do the same. Distances seem ok. On the flat...
  13. Cave Dweller

That is a super good deal. I have been really happy with the trainer. If your doing mostly steady state drills (like hold X power for 5 mins) then magnetic is fine.
  14. Cave Dweller

Free entry to 3Peaks this Sunday - Does anybody want it?

Glad you had a good time on the ride mtb101 and that someone got to use the ticket. I was really looking forward to improving my previous times but there is always next year. Pistonbroke & casnell, this is the must do road endurance event in Australia. The other one is Fitz 255km Epic in...
  15. Cave Dweller

On sale for $379 at Torpedo7 again, with free freight as well (I had to pay an extra $80) http://www.torpedo7.com.au/products/YDTRMN3SH/title/d2r-shadow-bike-trainer
  16. Cave Dweller

Good luck and have fun :-)
  17. Cave Dweller

I entered 3peaks way back when but due to late baby arrival I cant go this Sunday So anybody out there in Farkin road & track forum want an entry ticket with a normal cost of $280 for $0? Only condition is you will need to pretend to be me and I take no responsibility for your suffering up...
  18. Cave Dweller

For steady state it is fine. FTP and V02 max training due to new born baby is exact reason I bought mine as well :-) The magnetic unit is probably not powerful enough for sprint interval training at 1000W but I can save those sessions for the road. I am happy to trade off a little top end...
  19. Cave Dweller

I am using it for steady state drills (FTP 2x20's, 1 min FTP builders etc) so the magnetic resistance is fine. I think the usable range for the unit is maybe up to 600W, and higher and you need to spin at a huge cadence. Unit is super quiet. My drivetrain makes more noise. It does not have a...