Search results

1. B

DJ 1's or Sherman Flicks, lend me your opinions

hmmm... I think he just answered your question, Dick ;)
  2. B

listening to music :P

"Half of the time" would be the correct English, Johnny. Really, give a shit. :) As long as it's deceipherable and is not just pure laziness, who cares. Some peeps just aren't that great with English. Get over it.
  3. B

Crank Arm Creaking

I don't think it's too kosher for good cranks, but my crap left crank on my commuter comes loose very easily and wrapping plumbers tape around the bolt thread works great and keeps the crank tight much longer than Loctite does.
  4. B

hayes hfx 9

That sounds like a pretty decent idea -- combining the best parts of two overall mediocre products to make one pretty kick arse brake I'd assume. Can you actually buy Armor levers seperately though?
  5. B

upgrade Stinky or buy new

True, true... You could get a new fork with quick release, and if you can find a good swap or 2nd hand deal then go for it, but if you're spending the dosh on a new fork you may as well get a good 20mm axel one, and after the cost of the new wheel build required, you may as well just sell the...
  6. B

upgrade Stinky or buy new

Yeah, Rik's call was a good one. Heed the wisdom ;) If you decide to upgrade the ol' stink though, the first thing to go are the forks -- without a doubt. DJIII's are a pretty awful match for that bike. It's a whole new ride once you get a plush fork on it. If you end up loving the DH racing...
  7. B

Dirt Jumper II Rebound Adjustment

I was trying to speed up the rebound on my 04 DJ2's recently and didn't have much luck. I'm hoping someone could give me a hand. The adjustment screw thingo is in the right fork leg (right as you look at the fork when sitting in the saddle), right? I stuck the adjustment rod down the right...
  8. B

Bashguard for 36T Chainring

I'll bump this once before I just buy a new one.
  9. B

I only want a bashring/bashguard, not a whole chain device. If you think a bashring is worth $150 you're dreaming (I guess you prolly mean 150 for the whole chain device though). BTW, I forgot to mention, I need a 4 hole pattern ring.
  10. B

I need a bashguard for a 36t chainring. An E Thirteen would be nice, but I might be interested in whatever's going.
  11. B

Roast to a torrent

The 04 Torrent's look fucking sick. Probably the best and tuffest looking "off the shelf" hardtail I've ever seen. I was very tempted to get one myself recently, but I figured it was overkill getting a bike with forks like that since I wanted to pedal a few k's on it aswell as thrash around.
  12. B

Tips for a HARDtail on the DH

Ouch dude. Just looking at that pedal hurts. And here's a tip: GET A DUALLIE! (heh, sorry, someone had to say it : )
  13. B

RESPECT.

I'm a bit suspicious of those pics, but then again, I did hear that Steve Marsh aparently cranked some huge step-down kickers at Morialta (prolly similar size hits to those pics) on his XC bike with his spandex on.
  14. B

Santa Cruz Soldier

No shit Santa Cruz will put that frame out (or a version of it). That thing looks like the dope, and it's about all that the SC lineup is missing.
  15. B

George Dubya Stacks It Again

"...he toppled over while riding downhill on soil loosened by rainfall." Ahhh... that explains it then. You've gotta be careful of that soil when it's been loosened by rainfall.
  16. B

How tall are you and what size frame do you use?

Something to keep in mind is that frame sizes (S, M, L... 14", 15" 16" etc. ) can vary quite a bit from brand to brand. I know this is pretty common knowledge, but I thought I'd mention it since no one else has.
  17. B

Arm pump

Yeah, that's very true, scblack. I always get bad 'arm pump' in my right arm (front brake) after I haven't been riding regularly for a while. I don't understand the "left arm track" or "right arm track" thing though. I only ever get it in my right arm when I'm on the front brake heavily...
  18. B

help needed (SA riders)

Where are these gaps and drops, CrazY? I haven't ridden up there for a while, and I've never seen stuff that big out that way.
  19. B

help needed (SA riders)

Cheers, Frostee. I have ridden Devil's Gully before. So you mean the new trail is near the old Devil's Gully DH trail? And on the same side of the road/same direct area?
  20. B

Dirt Jumper Travel Kits

thanks for that