Search results

1. >moto<

Shock Advice - Rockshox Vs Cane Creek

The stroke on CCDB is 2mm longer at 57mm but my understanding is that I could have it adjusted down if needed. Happy to get it sorted if it's worthwhile. Have good experience with the CCDB but know nothing of the Rockshox shock and wondered, like for like, which one you guys would recommend.
  2. >moto<

Shock Advice - Rockshox Vs Cane Creek

Hi guys, I have an older Cane Creek DB Inline CS that I've been using and it has been a great shock (I bought it an as upgrade off an older bike). I have a new bike coming which comes with a Rockshox Super Deluxe Select + and I'm wondering if it would be worth swapping the CCDB in to test out...
  3. >moto<

2011 Reign Shock fit Question

So I took the shock to work with the intent on taking it to a machine shop, however it sat there months as I've been too busy to sort it. Finally got round to it last week and $20 later it was machined up. It fit in the bike no problem and works a treat! It's so much better than the shitty...
  4. >moto<

Just a quick update for those that may be interested. The shock doesn't fit.......but it will! :heh: The lower mounting hole had a spacer press fitted into it reducing the diameter of the hole. After 10 minutes of fiddling I fashioned up my own press and had it out. Smug that I fixed the...
  5. >moto<

Thanks Mitchy, I'll let you know how I go. The deal has been done!
  6. >moto<

I've just searched the net for other Reign owners running 57mm setups and it seems to work with the shocks they have tried. Specifically they are: Rockshox Monarch 57mm Fox Van RC 57mm The CCDBAir does look physically bigger than these though so I'm probably screwed!
  7. >moto<

Cheers for the responses guys, much appreciated, though I think I'm more confused than when I started out! :noidea: I assumed I could go to 57mm as I have seen others upgrade the Reign shock to 57mm.....using a Rockshox though. The CCDBair looks noticeably larger than a Rockshox Monarch...
  8. >moto<

Oh right I didn't even know there was a fit tool on the net, that's how newb I am with this stuff. It looks the 50mm fits then, wonder if I'll get away with the 57mm as that's the size that is for sale? I did research last night and it looks like Rockshox Monarch will fit my bike in a 200x57 so...
  9. >moto<

I'm looking at the Cane Creek DBAir CS shock advertised in the for sale section. Can anyone tell me if it will fit my bike? The can looks a fair. It bigger than the stock RP23. Thanks in advance for any advice.
  10. >moto<

Are giant reign's a good AM or should i be looking at something else??

I have a 2011 Reign 1 and I've never gelled with shock. It seems too wallowy if I set the sag properly and sinks into fast corners. Up the pressure to stop this and you lose the plushness. Other than that and the shitty brakes it's been a great bike.
  11. >moto<

SEQ Gravity Enduro series 2014 supported by Santa Cruz, Sram, Met, Podium lube, FTR

I'm just about to dust off the bike in a effort to regain some fitness. I could be pretty keen to enter the one of the later rounds, that's excellent news that you guys have something like this in SEQ :thumb:
  12. >moto<

Giants are crap

I bet he enjoyed sitting on Santa's lap more than is considered 'normal' :clap2:
  13. >moto<

First Service Issues???

Well, I gave in and called them. The bike is ready and was apparently finished last week but he said one of the 'boys' must have forgotten to call me. My girlfriend will be going down tomorrow to pick it up along with an itemized receipt. The cost has gone up to $241 without my consent as...
  14. >moto<

First Service Issues???

Errrrr......no! The LBS still hasn't called me. I could have called them but I'm busy at the moment preparing for a long weekend away on the moto. I'm kinda interested also to see how long it will take them to call me considering I should have picked it up a week ago today. It's sealed...
  15. >moto<

First Service Issues???

Just to add, the reason I haven't 'named and shamed' is because I don't really believe in doing that, not unless the shop was totally diabolical anyway. The other reason is, as I have said myself, I'm not 100% on what I'm paying for. I need to wait and see what has been done before making...
  16. >moto<

First Service Issues???

Hmmmm......now you have me thinking again! It's been so long since I got a LBS to do anything I don't know what prices should be charged. MTB is my 2nd/3rd hobby after racing motorbikes (enduro) so paying $185 for anything on the moto is normal, a new chain would cost more than that! Now...
  17. >moto<

First Service Issues???

Well as an update the LBS called me this morning and said that the rear hub play was just the cones that needed tightening. He has done a first service and advised that there would be no charge for that. He did make out that he was doing me a big favour though and that he shouldn't really be...
  18. >moto<

First Service Issues???

Thanks all, seems pretty unanimous they need to stop being dicks and deal with it. I could have brought it in after 2 weeks but what would that have achieved if I had only ridden it once?? There would be nothing to adjust! Maybe that's what they prefer :tape: I'm time poor and would have...
  19. >moto<

First Service Issues???

Thanks for the replies guys. It was good to get a sanity check that I'm not in some way being unreasonable. The rear hub is a Shimano M525. To be honest I would have looked at it myself but only noticed it when loading the bike up to take it to the shop. I don't want to fall out with the...
  20. >moto<

First Service Issues???

I bought my bike (Giant Reign 1) on 19/07/11. Because I work overseas a fair bit I haven't really ridden it that much. I have taken it to the shop previously asking about adjusting the brakes because even with the grub screw wound fully the brakes pull too far into the bars and hit my fingers...