Search results

1. T

Should we start writing downhills obituary?

Gravity enduro everywhere and seems to be taking the world by storm, maybe its goodbye to downhill? The enduro bikes seem to be taking people directly out of downhill, I have been noticing groups shuttling their enduro bikes even! Or will the focus on decending get more people interested in...
  2. T

Best (non mrp!) chain guide

For my 2012 glory, what do you think? I have been looking at the saint one, seems well made and no jockey wheel just a roller. The white mrp i have is cracked, the plastics are just rubbish! Any other suggestions? And why are they so expensive, i mean i can get a zee mech and shifter for...
  3. T

Ex823 cracked on the weld....

Hi all, i have been running an ex823 on the rear for 12 months and i noticed a sealant leak and attendant air loss, looking closely i see a hairline crack at the weld down one side, pulled the tyre loosened off all the spokes ready for replacement, gave the weld area a bit of a wiggle and bang...
  4. T

Magic mary worth the dough?

I am Currently running minions tubless, i read a few rave reviews for the magic mary, opinions, experiences???? I dont mind spending money on tyres but they seem to by x2 the price of minions! Thanks
  5. T

renthal fatbar setup marks q

Hey all, I have an answer stem where the face of the clamp is vertical to the forks and some renthal fat bars and my question is, the marks on the bars are numbered 0 to 5, what do they mean (if anything!), are they just a reference point? how would you set them up? I am thinking that the stem...
  6. T

downhill skills

Hi all, I was reading an old Enduro mag the other day and it had a Jared Graves interview, it was from last year when he was runner up in the EWS. ANyway, he says that at the time he was doin 25hrs a week 40% was MTB and that was focused on skills training. My question is what does that...
  7. T

Giant glory spring rate and R2C setup advice

Hi all, I have a 2012 Glory with the Vivid R2C (350x2.75 spring), any suspension gurus out there with a good base setup for it? I was looking at the Rockshox tuning guide but I guess those setting are for the standard spring for the bike which I think was a 450?? I guess backing each...
  8. T

Boxxer WC 2012 re-build kit, where to get it??

I am looking to do a full re-build of my 2012 wcs but I am having trouble finding the full re-build kit, ie all the wahsers and O-rings etc for the damper. can someone kindly post a link, I have look on chain reaction but I cant see it (which seems unlikely right??)
  9. T

Boxxer WC 2012s clunking sounds, help!

Gday, As per the title, my WCs are making a clunking sound. It sounds a bit like one of the stanchions is loose and slipping, ie something that is tied up tight is slipping (its not that but that's what it sounds like), or maybe the headset is loose. It is always a one shot clunk, usually...