Search results

1. greendream

NSW South Coast, beach & bike holiday.

Happy New Year for you all!!! My lovely missus & I are planning a week away during late Feb/early March to enjoy the end of summer. We plan to stay somewhere within in walking distance to a surf beach and I would like to take my "black girlfriend" to go out for a spin on some local tracks if at...
  2. greendream

Where to buy a new bike in Sydney?

No, serious. It's been sometime since I've needed to go bike shopping and I was hoping you burners may be able to help with some shortcuts? My nephews dad has asked me to help him find a new pushy for the boy since he knows i like 'em my bikes. So we have a fair idea of what might be suitable...
  3. greendream

What new hobbies/activities have you taken up during lockdown?

Apologies in advance if this has been covered but I couldn't find a reference with the search. My son (almost 18YO) & I have taken up darts to pass some isolation time. What started as a pleasant diversion has now become a competitive thing with sledging, fits of rage and a fine old time mostly...
  4. greendream

Need parts?

Picked up a feed this morning. Apologies if it's a re-post. https://www.mtbr.com/threads/5-reasons-why-you-need-to-buy-your-bike-today-the-summer-bikepocalypse-is-coming.1180036/
  5. greendream

Racing driver Sabine Schmitz dies, aged 51

Top Gear star and race car driver Sabine Schmitz has died, aged 51. The German racing legend passed away after a three-year battle with cancer. The operators of the renowned Nürburgring race track announced the news on Twitter on Wednesday. I enjoyed watching her drive back in the day.
  6. greendream

Sold Fluid Mayhem kids bike

Item: FLUID Mayhem 10" kids bike. 20"wheels Location: Sydney, Hills District. Item Condition: reasonable to good. nothing a bit of TLC won't fix. Reason for selling: i don't have little kids anymore. Price and price conditions: what price do you put on a childs smile?, just come & get it. Extra...
  7. greendream

Suggestions for a "robust" ebike cassette

I have a mate whom enjoys his Spec. Evo Levo ebike and has managed to bend the shit out of his SRAM GX 11speed cassette. As he now needs to replace it he has asked what would be suitable for his type of riding? (I suggested he try to refrain from crunching his shifts, especially the upshifts...
  8. greendream

Subaru AWD and tyres

No. 1 daughter calls me yesterday to advise she has a flat tyre, “where are you?” I ask, “out the front” comes the reply. I take a look, the tyre is farked she had driven a few K’s home after the car started feeling “funny”. so now we have to replace the tyre but there seems to be an issue with...
  9. greendream

Fork dust seal drivers for RS PIKE Ultimate

Is someone able to help me determine the difference between these two tools in terms of the job they are supposed to do? i.e. install new dust seals in a rockshox Pike. I'm somewhat confused whether they both do the same job, or they need to be used together. And I bit of a search around here...
  10. greendream

another over the hill NSW rider.

Hello All, I've been a long time time member, since the farking days, regularly reading the forums but not participating in the discussions. hifiandmtb, whom I've known for quite some time, encouraged me to get back into it. So here I am. I'm a '66 model and been into MTB's since the mid 80's...