Search results

1. S

Kona Process's vs Devinci Troy?

I personally hated the 2015 Troy. The geo numbers seem to "lie" and it feels significantly smaller than what you'd think on paper.
  2. S

Post your all mountain bike

Cheers guys, so happy with it. It really did replace all the bikes I had in my stable (DH / Trail / HT) and I don;t regret downsizing one bit. mitchy, I'll be setting in Wurtulla to start with, then probs look to buy somewhere in Caloundra or surrounding areas.
  3. S

Post your all mountain bike

God I love my bike ... she's being packed up very soon to make it's way to QLD (from the not so sunny shores of Buckinhamshire UK) Been tossing and turning about whether or not to sel it before I go, and buy something again in a year's time when the dust has settled from my move.... but I...
  4. S

Kneepads. What are you using?

Raceface Ambush. DOn;t leave the house without them. Also, never ever having to deal with "putting riding shoes on before kneepads" rage is an enormous bonus for me. Tried the Troy Lee KG stuff for "lighter riding", but found them horribly lacking for any sort of protection, might as well not...
  5. S

great stuff you just don't like!

In my experience, they perform worse. Yes, for race purposes, they're snappier and accurate... but I found that the stiffness is detrimental to grip. There's a very specific corner at my local riding spot, that I can drift on queue, time and again. The alu rear wheel will wobble slightly but...
  6. S

Where to live in Australia so I can ride my bike!

I think I saw a video of a bunch of drop bears fighting eachother at Stereosonic music festival. I suspect its because of the terretorial instincts ... or the tighness of the shorts... not sure.
  7. S

So, a Drop Bear is an inbred koala roid junkie, usually found in Queensland South Wales... gotcha :) I'll cycle with a flamethrower.
  8. S

Hory shet, how’s this for a thread revival / grave digging? 5 years ago I created this thread – I was wide eyed and bushy tailed (think I even still had hair back then) and it’s been an awful long process to get to the promised land! Many a heart ache and stumbling block along the way, but...
  9. S

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Playing around with various set-ups to figure out what I prefer most and under which circumstances (different stem lengths, bar height, wheel / tyre combos, and air vs coil shock set ups). Been mesisng about with a 50mm length stem today, thinking I prefer the feel of the 35mm.
  10. S

Where's your favourite DH track

For me, you can not beat the Portes Du Soleil in the Alps, hundreds of tracks all accessible via your Ski lift pass... and some epic day trips. Just the way to the different tracks is better than most anywhere in the world. Was there last year and my mind was blown away completely. Any place...
  11. S

I see on these forums, you guys mention a lot about "legal" and "illegal" trails. Is this a big thing in Aus - having to have a lot of secret tracks because the council will tear it down? One thing I did however notice there (that kinda took me by surprise) is that the Health and Safety...
  12. S

[DH and AM] My Morewoods

Cheers for the compliments gents :) Yes thats a home paint jobby done on the Fox 36's. I quite like the look of it, but under close inspection you can see it's an amateur job. Rider 15, I dont think I'm a good reviewer as I dont really understand all the very techy details people go into. I...
  13. S

I used to work with a girl from Woolagong (sorry if my spelling is off :p ) and from talking with her about the place it did sound awesome, thought I didnt realise there is a riding scene.
  14. S

You're getting me excited now :D for the record... I'm not a Pom... I'm South African, Living in the UK, planning to live in Aus :D
  15. S

Hey Eyes, thanks mate. Loved Brissy when I was there and I'm glad to hear it aint as flat as I thought! :D I have been commuting 4 + hours each working day for the past 11 months, car, 2 trains and a walk .... was stuck in the car part of the journey for 10 hours 2 weeks ago because of the snow...
  16. S

[DH and AM] My Morewoods

Thanks mate! :D
  17. S

50/50 really - I wanted to start looking for a Job in a city, that has DH tracks etc before I move.
  18. S

[DH and AM] My Morewoods

My Makulu was one of the very first ones to be built up in the world the very first in the UK, with the exception of the Dirt test bike... but that doesn't count. Next to her is my Mbuzi... for the AM muck around duties
  19. S

When I visited I spent most my time up the sunshine and some on the gold... but the sunshine looked so flat... couldnt imagine there being any DH tracks around. Loved it there and have family there too, but wasnt quite sure about the DH
  20. S

Sorry yes I pretty much meant the CBD if you put it that way. My point of reference is London, which is a sh!thole and I live in the countryside so that I can avoid it like the plague! Thanks for confirming what I suspected though :) I'll have a look into Canberra, although I have to be...