Search results

1. singleminded

QLD Sold

I'm interested in the frame only. Would you sell that alone? What would you think it would cost to post to Melbourne?
  2. singleminded

The Self Sufficient Bike Camping Thread.

dA_bOmBbIkE I suppose it depends on which side of Melbourne you live on in terms of accesability. Me and a mate are heading up to Keppel Hut, out from Marysville, in a couple of weeks. 100km from my front door to KH front door on the BNT. Planning on different return route of about 122km...
  3. singleminded

Cyclocross with discs?

Ordered a Soma Double Cross disc last week from my LBS and have just got the message today saying it is in. I think the current distributor is SCV Imports http://www.scvimports.com.au/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=Soma&page=13
  4. singleminded

Cyclocross projest

Thanks for your help on this guys. So I probably should consider a road rear derailleur instead. Is there a Shimano one that will cope with an 11-34 Cassette? Re: the brakes, I will definately be using the bb7's.
  5. singleminded

Cyclocross projest

Currently building up a Soma Double Cross disc frame. Does anyone know if Shimano 105 gear leavers are compatible with a) XT rear derailleur and b) BB7 road disc brakes? I'm sure this will be the start of many more queries for this project! Thanks in advance.
  6. singleminded

Not the seat bag but the harness I use extra straps on.
  7. singleminded

Fantastic recount of what seems to have been a well organised event. Thanks heaps for sharing pillwizard. I was determined to make this event this year but nothing worked in my favour ( discovered my frame was cracked the weekend before the event). Next year, god/karma/family willing, I'll be a...
  8. singleminded

I recon a few of the regulars would have been having a crack at the GDT event here in Victoria. A bit of info on FB but would love to hear some detailed reports on here. About 400km with approx 9000m of ascent.
  9. singleminded

Otway Odyssey entries open - new course?

So the time off the bike didn't seem to hurt too much. My son did the 100k in 5h 54m and I did the 50k in 2h 53m. Both pretty happy with that. Tracks were awesome!
  10. singleminded

My son and I booked in late last year for the 100k KO. 2 days after booking I broke a rib and did the intercostal(?) muscle on another playing bike polo. Healing went OK so instead of cancelling I opted for the 50k. 2 days after that, on my first ride back after 7 weeks, 8ks into a ride I had a...
  11. singleminded

VIC SOLD Niner AIR9 XLarge

Bump Make me a reasonable offer
  12. singleminded

Does anybody know the reason why they changed the course for this year?
  13. singleminded

VIC SOLD Niner AIR9 XLarge

Item: Niner AIR9 XLarge Location: Wandin North, Victoria Item Condition: Used but it is in good condition with the usual wears and tears but no big issues Reason for selling:I bought the frame cheap and built it up with parts I already had, but the frame is just too big for me. Bike is...
  14. singleminded

To Ti or not to Ti

The upgraded 'centre track' belt drive appears to aleviate some of the issues related to flexy rear ends. Having the shorter chainstays on the 26" rear end will further reduce the flex (potential) issue. I'm guessing the belts don't like rocks
  15. singleminded

To Ti or not to Ti

Why?? Under what serario has the belt drive system failed to meet expectations?
  16. singleminded

To Ti or not to Ti

96er's Theres a lot of info around about the pro's and con's of every wheel size choice and combonation, and weather to go with suspension or not. I think to some degree your choice is dictated by the type of trails you ride. So yes, the 29" front wheel clears obstacles with greater easy...
  17. singleminded

To Ti or not to Ti

Carver Ti 96er So after a bit of wait, the new bike is now up an running Some new parts and some brought across from the old frame.
  18. singleminded

Did the BNT from Healesville to Omeo in early Jan this year. Here is the Garmin link ffor the Healesville to Keppels Hut on day one:- http://connect.garmin.com/activity/142809972 ...and a brief write-up on post #474...
  19. singleminded

Tyre volume advantages in racing

HA, Ha............ and so the debate continues, even though I'm right!! :single_eye:
  20. singleminded

Tyre volume advantages in racing

96er's .......which is where a 96er has all the advantages of both wheel sizes!!