Search results

1. J

Cycle Friendly Employers

Sounds like a really good idea. Great if the government here supports it too. I think if you have your own business then you can kind of sponsor yourself to race too. Not sure how that one works but thats another way to steer around the huge expense of a nice shiney bike.
  2. J

Wildside tyre choice

So many tyres to choose from... I raced the last one on Specialized Adrenaline tyres and they were sweet for everything. Sadly they're not available any more but the new version is the Specialized Captin. It was the driest ever 2 years ago, not sure what it'll be like now. Whatever brand...
  3. J

Your dumbest stack

I was riding along the road in Manly and got targeted by a magpie. Trying to swot it with my hand and lost control and hit the deck very hard, still made it up to the dam for a ride despite the scrapes and sore hip.
  4. J

Post accident rehabillitation.

Thanks Thanks for all your advice guys. I tried an excercise bike at my local gym and i hated it so I may try one of the indoor trainers. The two people with the pelvis injuries, sounds really nasty. I was in a way very lucky with mine. I hope everyone elses recovery goes well.
  5. J

Thanks Thanks very much for that I'll try and contact them next week and see what they can do. :)
  6. J

Hi my name is Jim, I'm an MTB rider in Sydney and new to Farkin. I was recently involved in an accident on a road bike and broke my knee and ankle. I was wondering if anyone has any advice for recovery and rehabilitation. I am seeing a physio currently but she is not a cyclist so... If...
  7. J

New? Feel free to say g'day here.

New person Hi my names Jim. I'm a MTBer in Sydney, currently not able to ride as I bought a road bike and was punished by being hit by a car! So once i can ride again I'll be sticking to XC riding, at least tree's don't run you over when they don't see you! Anyone got any tips for rehab? or...