Search results

1. dirt lover

European Van Life

Finished university last year, been working the standard 9-5 for the past 6 months and already regretting not taking a gap year between school/university to live the bike bum lifestyle somewhere like Whistler or Queenstown. I've been lucky enough to visit both while studying but it's only served...
  2. dirt lover

2016 UCI MTB World Cup Downhill

Finn still has one more year left with Gravity Republic, he was signed for 3years (one as a sweep rider as a sub-junior, and then for his two junior years).
  3. dirt lover

Europe campervan month 2017

After a month in Whistler, the depression has really started to kick in and a few of the boys in the group have thrown the idea out of making the 2017 holiday a trip around Europe with enduro bikes in a big campervan. It's a very loose thought at the moment but thinking end of June to end of...
  4. dirt lover

They might be happier to do it as he'll still be top 20 this round while he'd have dropped outside that by MSA. There's less bending of the rules so they can justify it to the by the book roadie department of the UCI.
  5. dirt lover

To add to everyone else's comments he could be trying to ensure a career after downhill as well. While it is definitely moving away from how it was in the first couple of years, the EWS still does have a range of retired ex-DHers. Sam can't keep racing at the pointy end of DH forever so getting...
  6. dirt lover

SEQ DH Rd 1 - Kennilworth

I was marshalling at the chute drop and the gnarliest line of the day was sent by the rider who won the enduro category. Wasn't the fastest but he definitely went biggest.
  7. dirt lover

Next minute...
  8. dirt lover

If you're talking about Cairns, there's no chairlift. Riders are shuttled in big troopies with trailers. This is straya, not a European venue.
  9. dirt lover

Cairns DH WC

MTBA have been all over their instagram getting the pro's to say "hope to see you in Cairns" from when they were at nationals.
  10. dirt lover

2016 Aluminium Specialized Demo

In fairness, a proper photo of the bike isn't as bad as the drawing
  11. dirt lover

2016 Carbon Pivot Phoenix

Downhill sales already struggle behind the sheer volume of XC/enduro bike sales, these prices definitely don't help that trend.
  12. dirt lover

World cup team changes rumor thread

Good to see Gwin finally gets to ride with an Angel, guess he's that holy he gets to do it earlier than most.
  13. dirt lover

What races in 2016?

And the forest will do its best to prevent that :P
  14. dirt lover

What races in 2016?

The SEQ series has a pretty solid line up this season. http://seqdh.com.au/
  15. dirt lover

Considering you may or may not seem to have the inside word on a lot of the changes this year, hypothetically is there a reason this hasn't been announced yet? Hypothetically of course.
  16. dirt lover

2016 Cube TWO15 HPA

Looks like a.... Decent enough bike, will be interesting to see how the guys go. More brands in downhill is good though for having more options for riders wanting to make a career within the sport.
  17. dirt lover

Wouldn't be surprised, world champs curse of a shit year.
  18. dirt lover

Atherton racing = trek factory. They've even changed their facebook name. https://www.facebook.com/athertonracing/?fref=ts
  19. dirt lover

I'm starting to get the feeling that the delay in Gwin's official announcement is that he's screwed up (at least partially) with his contract. It seems almost certain that currently he will be sponsored by YT but what if the delay is that he can't get all his component/equipment sponsors...
  20. dirt lover

Was Palmer really on $1 million? In "Don't back down" when they're interviewing him about leaving the sport he said "Specialized didn't want to renew my deal for the same amount of money" and "$300k to ride my bike was pretty special to me". Assumed he would have been paid more by other sponsors...