Search results

1. smiffy

Bargain buys thread

Half price marz forks.. https://cyclinic.com.au/collections/forks-marzocchi
  2. smiffy

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

I did the 50km for the second time, and managed to beat last years time by 20 minutes. I made all the climbs and didn't cramp which is a achievement in itself, but still bit was annoyed I didn't finish in under 3hrs. It was not without its race day issues like ghost shifting middle gear and...
  3. smiffy

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Kashima Kingswood :p
  4. smiffy

Bargain buys thread

Shimano SLX 12sp 10-51t cassette for $83. Here;- Jonny Sprockets
  5. smiffy

Buxton and Lake Mountain Thread

Just a heads up that you might want to give Buxton a miss for a while. The park is open but has a lot of trees down at the moment about every 20 metres or so, including one a the carpark entrence. Not worth the drive out there and back.
  6. smiffy

Black Dogs and mental shit in general

It's pretty depressing to walk into the (coles) supermarket and see the prices have jumped up again, despite the inquiry into supermarkets price gouging.
  7. smiffy

Thredbo/Narooma/Eden Trip

Merimbula (North of Eden) is a popular holiday location, so most likely better food accommodation there.
  8. smiffy

Confessions from the fuckwits

I really hate Facebook market place buyers logic. Advertise price $5000, they offer $2000 Advertise $150, they offer $50. And then they wonder why I say NO?
  9. smiffy

Sold Garbaruk 12 speed microspline cassette - near new

How is the gear shifting compared to the shimano cassette?
  10. smiffy

Thinking of giving a gravel bike a crack

Noticed this the other day, this was a mtb race last year in Alice Springs, that didn't really get much traction (pun intended), Gravel Muster now re-branded into a gravel event. I guess with the rising popularity, it might be a sign of things to come, event organisers having to change and...
  11. smiffy

The last movie you've last watched last

was there any subliminal messages in the music?
  12. smiffy

The bike industry crisis

This video helps explain whats happening, (in short - over stocked, and slow down of economics)
  13. smiffy

Black Dogs and mental shit in general

Bad Xmas's always start with the opening of the lynx africa gift set present :confused:
  14. smiffy

2024 World Cup Downhill / EDR

https://enduro-mtb.com/en/is-the-future-of-the-edr-under-threat-and-with-it-the-future-of-professional-enduro-racing/
  15. smiffy

Little Things You Hate

As is the xtr/xt crank cap cover :rolleyes:
  16. smiffy

Online retailers trusted/scammers

Ordered from Cyclinic on Friday arvo, packed and posted within an hour, delivered from Brisbane to Melbourne on Monday.
  17. smiffy

Online retailers trusted/scammers

I haven't used their Web shop but have used their mobile mechanical assistance two years in a row at an event in Tasmania (I think they are NSW based). They were good knowledgeable people. Can recommend in that regard.
  18. smiffy

Buying bike parts from overseas, shipping time estimates and methods ?

A few weeks to a month. My last package took a week to get packed and sent off. Pretty sure customs open them as it comes from Spain.
  19. smiffy

What does your day look like?

I got my Nelson Aus and Nelson NZ mixed up :rolleyes:. But still it's pretty bad hey? Kiwi's are getting financially robbed.
  20. smiffy

What does your day look like?

Can they afford the fuel - (NZ fuel price)