Search results

1. Anthiron

Where can i try on an URGE ENDURO MATIC helmet in the Sunshine coast/Brisbane area?

anyone know a bike shop stocking Urge helmets? Really want to see what the fit is like as the only size adjustment is the different padding sizes. Nicko
  2. Anthiron

1998 Specialized Hardrock SS

About a year ago i was reading an MTB magazine at work (a hotel) and our bottleshop supervisor mentioned to me that he had an old MTB frame in his shed that was doing nothing. Anyway the next day i was the owner of a 1998 Specialized Hardrock, Alloy frame, Chromo fork and the origional...
  3. Anthiron

XT or XTR Canti brake levers. 97 -2001ish model

Item - Shimano Brake levers - XT or XTR Price - Dont want to spend the earth Location - Sunshine coast however happy to pay postage. 0439737762 Nicko
  4. Anthiron

1 1/8 Rigid or suspension fork for 1999 Specialized Hardrock

ITEM :Looking for a fork for my project. 1 1/8th steerer I don't mind if its rigid or plush. I would probobly prefer rigid. can be in need of paint etc. Needs to have mounts for Canti brakes. I would use the stock fork however I would like to run wider bars and to do so i need a new stem...
  5. Anthiron

Looking for a 60mm or 65mm stem for my AM Bike

As the title suggests I am looking for a slightly longer stem. currently running a 50mm Hussefelt Truvativ stem on my Blur LT however i feel that perhaps i should try a slightly longer stem to aid with the climbs. I currently run my saddle all the way back. moving my saddle forward a cm...
  6. Anthiron

Roadtrip from Sunny coast QLD to Grampians Vic. Mountain biking/Rock Climbing

Hey guys So on saturday week 3 of us head off in a van for 2 weeks of riding and climbing. Leaving from Sunshine coast QLD and planning on spending a few days around Gramps in Vic. Would like to stop in Blueys for a bit too. Any other suggestions? Must see spots? Road trip tips etc...
  7. Anthiron

Slim goggles to go with 2011 661 Comp Full Face?

Hey Guys Anyone running the 2011 661 Comp full face in small? My Scott MX goggles are too wide for the helmet and they move around and push on my nose. has anyone got a suggestion for a smaller goggle that still has a wide angle of view? Cheers Nicko
  8. Anthiron

Which Lights To Buy?

Hi Guys I have decided it is far too hot in QLD to ride during the day in summer. Also as i work night shifts I am often awake at night. I would like to purchase a decent light setup for my trail bike to allow me to ride at night time. I am looking for something that is: a) Reasonably Light...
  9. Anthiron

Truvative Noir Carbon riser bar for AM riding?

Hi guys. Currently run a 680mm Truvative Stylo bar on my SC BLT. However am trying to shave some grams to offset an adjustable seat post. Are the Noir bars strong enough for AM use? IE: small drops/ jumps. Light downhill etc? Cheers Nicko
  10. Anthiron

What Year for theses XT Hubs?

So a friend of mine was researching hubs, wheels, spokes etc to modify an Excell spoke calculator. He recently bought a Shimano FH - M755 hub for his Giant as the old freehub gave up. Found it particularly difficult to locate specs and dimensions for this model hub. (Bought Discounted on...
  11. Anthiron

QLD Square taper crankset, Suitable for single speed cruiser.

Hi Guys I am chasing a Square taper crankset for my 99 Hardrock, Preferably with a 94mm BCD but will consider others. Thought i would try here before ebay. Doesnt need to be perfect but reasonable condition. Cheers Nicko 0439737762
  12. Anthiron

Where can i find a 32tooth 74mm BCD Chainring for my single speed project?

as the title says i am after a 32tooth 74mm BCD Chainring for my single speed project. I want to use the old Specialized cranks that came with the frame however i am finding it hard to locate a chainring. Do i need to buy some new cranks? or can i find a chainring suitable in this size? i...
  13. Anthiron

99 Specialized..What Chain ring bolt pattern?

Hi Guys I have a 99 Hardrock that i am Single Speeding, Need to get a new Chainring but unsure of the bolt pattern of the old 5 bolt specialized cranks. any ideas? Nicko
  14. Anthiron

Cheap 26" Wheelset, 122.5mm Spindle 68mm English Bottom Bracket.

ITEM: 26" \/ Brake wheelset + 122.5mm Spindle 68mm English Bottom Bracket For my 99 Specialized Hardrock. LOCATION: Sunshine Coast or surrounding area.....or posted. CONTACT: Nicko: 0439737762 or PM me.
  15. Anthiron

Best bike for these criteria???

So I was having a think today about what would make the ultimate All Mountain Bicycle. The following criteria came to mind and i realised my current ride doesn't meet all of my ideal wants. So i put it you Rotor Burners; Whats the best bike that meets these criteria?? I'm thinking...
  16. Anthiron

How to land and angled jump?

Hi Guys i have a question about dirt jumping, although i am not a dirt jumper. Recently i encountered a jump on a local trail that has a landing ramp on an angle to the right from the launch ramp. (see pic) anyway i cant seem to get the landing right where i can ride off and continue...
  17. Anthiron

Elixir CR's Screaming like a bitch......

Hi guys. i've got a nice new set of Avid Elixir CR brakes which have excellent modulation and impressive stopping power. However they will not stop squealing! I've had brakes scream in the wet before but this is worse in the dry! I definitely haven't gotten any contaminants on the pads...
  18. Anthiron

My Santa Cruz Blur LT 2, Now With upgrade, (NEW PICS)

Finally received my new SC Blur LT about a week ago. Haven't had a chance to ride any serious trails on it yet but i did hit some single track a couple of days ago and I'm definitely impressed! In its current guise specs are: (see lower posts for latest upgrades) Medium Blur LT alloy...
  19. Anthiron

Single Speed Street/Jump Bike.......Ideas Please. :)

ok, So i have a nice Dually for the trails but id like to buy a 2nd bike to ride around town/dirt jumps/bmx tracks/skate parks etc. Basically my criteria are: Short Chain Stays Single Speed Rear Brake only (hydro) Hard tail with short travel fork (maybe 100mm w/ Thru axle or maxle)...