Search results

1. Lazmo

Trump..... (The Sophistry Thread)

Jeez, that dude on the left looks like Neil Peart.
  2. Lazmo

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Yep, I understand how she feels. Luckily mine are in their twenties and thirties now, and don’t do that stuff anymore.
  3. Lazmo

Nice local ride today on our old bikes, ha ha. Zero knarly stuff so all good, though Sue's not keen at all on getting back on what is essentially an XC bike as far as she is concerned. She hates being 'over the front' (her words) and I'm with her. Yes, I believe so... apparently Contents...
  4. Lazmo

Had my last ride on the Process today, and Sue did too on her Stumpy. Both got nicked in the Melbourne CBD, while having some lunch with our extended family. Phark, what a PITA. As much as I loved the 153, and I did, I'm sure I 'll move on, but I feel real bad for Sue. She'd struggled through...
  5. Lazmo

Motorcycle Thread - Post it all

Ha ha, when I read that, I thought good idea “not” Years ago, as a lad on the farm, I’d go bush riding with mates, and they all had way more powerful bikes than me… and I’d whip their arses. My bike was smaller, lighter, more nimble, and the power was super manageable due to its absence. When...
  6. Lazmo

Dumping the clutch… a rookie error
  7. Lazmo

How many bikes is too many ?

Depends... For me, I have three now, which is way down from before. A real slack bike, a medium slack bike and a medium slack hard-tail is enough for me. My wife has two. I got rid of the BMX's as no way am I doing anything on concrete any more, including skateboarding or ripstiks. Back in the...
  8. Lazmo

Ha ha, and my VStrom apparently has 67... wanna drag.
  9. Lazmo

The last few days, it has been all about riding with old mates… emphasis on old. Had a nice Thursday lunchtime ride with a mate who was staying over for a few nights. He’s been living in London for nearly twenty years, and is on vacation, so there was much chin wagging over a few reds over a...
  10. Lazmo

9 speed chain-ring and 10 speed...?

It’s a 22 tooth 9 speed.
  11. Lazmo

9 speed chain-ring and 10 speed...?

Can a 32 tooth 9 speed chain-ring, from a 44-32-22 triple ring setup, be used with a Shimano 10 speed chain on a 2 x 10? If so, will the ramps shift ok?
  12. Lazmo

Yep, when our eldest lived up there, while visiting we’d either ride Stromlo, Bruce Ridge, Majura Pines or Kowen/Sparrow, and they are all good, but Kowen/Sparrow felt more like riding in the bush and less like a dedicated mtb track. But yes, it was constantly evolving over time. Each visit was...
  13. Lazmo

Yep, with 220 neddies, keeping the front end on the deck is gonna be tricky. Obviously it all depends on how it comes on.
  14. Lazmo

While having a bit of a motorcycle day on the weekend, I noticed the rear pads on the VStrom were near the metal. The fronts had some meat still left in them, but I ordered a full set of nice shiny new pads anyway... and tonight installed the rears. Obviously a test ride is due tomorrow.
  15. Lazmo

Geez, and there I was thinking that I had a bit of a motorbike day
  16. Lazmo

Well today I finally bought some new boots. My trusty Fusports are starting to fall apart and hurt like hell to walk in, and today I was near AMX, so I tried on a bunch of boots. Luckily the ones that felt best, were on sale and were the last pair they had in my size. Took the VStrom for a test...
  17. Lazmo

Metal Working! Fitting, Machining, Welding, Sheet and General Metal Fab

I know that to be hip and in the in crowd I should know, but what the frick is an IFP?
  18. Lazmo

A decent sized heavy rubber mallet comes in handy too...
  19. Lazmo

Trump..... (The Sophistry Thread)

He never uses his money, that’s why he’s got money. His whole thing is to use other people’s money to string things out and delay delay delay in the courts, always appealing upwards towards the Supreme Court, so that he wears down whoever's has got it in for him. Truly a pathetic knobhead that...