Search results

1. Lazmo

9 speed chain-ring and 10 speed...?

Can a 32 tooth 9 speed chain-ring, from a 44-32-22 triple ring setup, be used with a Shimano 10 speed chain on a 2 x 10? If so, will the ramps shift ok?
  2. Lazmo

Dusk Riding…

Just got in from a spot of Dusk Riding… no lights, just go out before last light, ride real local, ride the secondary school mtb track, nearly get hung up on the old tyre section, fumble through some super soft trails that are much harder than they normally are, ride in and out of flats/units...
  3. Lazmo

What happened... ?

Was there some Rotorburn DB error... or was I banned for a week for being too old? I was struggling without my RB fix.
  4. Lazmo

Dropper posts with setback...

Two of our bikes have KS droppers with setback, and over the years I've kept both functioning, but they are getting pretty tired. I'm looking for posts with setback, 30.9mm diameter, 100mm or 125mm drop with external cable routing, and not costing a first born.
  5. Lazmo

Merry Santa youse lot

Thank Dog for Rotorburn… have a merry Farckin Xmas youse lot. Regards Laz
  6. Lazmo

Best first pedal bike…?

Ok, our grandson is three, and has a nice Norco balance bike we got him for his second birthday, which is at his home, and a cheapo Kmart balance bike for when our daughter forgets to bring his good one down to our place, when we mind him. Honesty, it doesn’t seem to matter which one he rides at...
  7. Lazmo

2010 Specialized Stumpjumper rear shock extension wanted...

Item: 2010 Specialized Stumpjumper rear shock extension Location: Western Port area, Victoria, happy to pay for shipping Price range/Willing to Pay: Dunno, whatever seems fair, honestly no idea Extra Info: I had thought about getting one of my fitter and turner brothers to bore it, press in a...
  8. Lazmo

Stumpy… like a phoenix

Well the 2nd PF BB on the Process went to the dogs a few weeks ago. We’ve got 5 other bikes, some very old, all with external BB and they are all on their original bearings, all good. I’m not sure that all progress, is progress. Anyway, so I have been riding the Cotic BFe, which is a lot of...
  9. Lazmo

You might get a bit of a laugh...

Coupla Mates having some fun ... the tunes ok too Edit ... Sorry, I had a normal link in there, and didn't know I could insert the youtube media link...
  10. Lazmo

Jeff Beck is gone…

RIP Jeff. I can’t describe how much I love his playing. From his early wild years of rock with the Yardbirds to nurturing young talent and letting them shine, he is unique. His playing style is all his, and rules do not apply. There is no one else like him. I’m sad.
  11. Lazmo

Balance Bikes...

Well, my little man (grandson) is about to turn two very soon. I've already spoiled him with every possible, three and four wheeler bike known to man. He's nearly got as many bikes as me, for fricks sake. But, it's all good, as he loves them and belts around on them at warp speed, and has just...
  12. Lazmo

Asking for a friend /s

Being old and all, this is becoming more common for me… anyway a mate and his wife are about to retire and have bought the van and 4WD to tow it. Bastards, I’m jelly. Not the van or car, I have them, just the retiring bit. A few years ago, I built them up a bike each from roadside/hard garbage...
  13. Lazmo

Snake bite proof socks…

Last weekends jaunt to French Island has brought something to top of mind for me. The weather was nice and warm, and all day, as usual I was keeping my eye out for Joe Blakes. And it was all good, till on one very grassy trail I came across a stopped eBiker, who informed me that he’d nearly run...
  14. Lazmo

Had a Makita battery drill win today…

You know how, when you’re deep in a project, you need two battery drills at a minimum… one for the pilot hole, one for the tech screw… that sort of scenario. Anyway, my ancient 9.6v B&D had finally carked it. Honestly, it has been awesome and renovated four houses. But it had lost most of its...
  15. Lazmo

Asking for a friend...

Guy at work has been gonna buy a mountain bike for as long as I can remember... anyway, finally, he's dead set on doing it, and looking at a Giant Stance. He's got $2,500 budgeted... what should he buy? Any sleepers out there in that price range?
  16. Lazmo

Pain and Practice…

The daily grind on my old tange road bike. And my pads… I spend a lot of fun time on them. If I can get it really grooving here, I’m gonna be flying on the kit.
  17. Lazmo

Jewellers Chainsaw…

I spent most of today attached to a new battery chainsaw which I had bought on special to take camping to feed my flatpack fire-pit. But, we had a rotting tree leaning over the neighbours fence, which I’d baulked at cutting down as it involved ladders, ropes and petrol chainsaws. Not good, plus...
  18. Lazmo

Pressfit, Shmeshfit…

OK, the BB on Kev the Kona Silence, has thrown in the towel. I popped his Sram Dub crank to find a totally toast non drive side bearing. All my other main bikes have external BB bearings, which almost never fail, but if they do, they are easy peazy to sort… but pressfit… eeek voodoo holocaust...
  19. Lazmo

Dropper Post question…

The KS dropper on Sue’s bike is starting to not reliably fully return to 100% extension, with it spitting the dummy on the last 20mm or so. It’s never been serviced, other than me cleaning the post and under the collet seal bizzo and greasing both with Slicko. That always go it going, till now...
  20. Lazmo

Officially Old...

Our eldest daughter had a baby boy this morning... our first grandchild. He's cute as... It feels surreal... could just be the lack of sleep.