Search results

1. M

The Single Speed Thread

Sswc 2016 Roll up, roll up. The Carni-velo is coming to town.
  2. M

The Single Speed Thread

Sswc 2016 Love all these pretty bikes but are you going to bring them to Single Speed Worlds? 21-23 October at Woodend Vic. Entries are open but are limited. Check out www.sswc2016.com and www.facebook.com/sswc2016downunder.
  3. M

Majura Pines Trail Building Thread

Trail Fairies If anyone knows the trail fairies currently beavering away in Majura Pines can you please ask them to contact Majura Pines Trails Alliance (MPTA) at majurapinestrails@gmail.com. It's great that the trail fairies have been busy in the Pines and we now have rideable trails again...
  4. M

The Single Speed Thread

Ss nats 2014 Boys and girls, in case you've been living under a rock, the Single Speed Nationals are on at Dungog over the weekend of 20-21 September. Check out http://ssnats14.wordpress.com/ for details.
  5. M

Bruce Ridge ACT

Majura Pines Just to clarify, most single speeders like to ride up hills and often have to pedal around the gravity types pushing their monster machines up the hill. Not to mention that most of Majura Pines is on the side of a hill so it's very unlikely we'll be making it flat. Seriously...
  6. M

Wicked Wombat Enduro Race New Years Eve Jindabyne

It's a great track for single speed and I hear there'll be beer, food and music after (and maybe during) the race. What more could you want. We'll be there.
  7. M

The Single Speed Thread

Half links are evil! They look the goods but then they stretch and bend and bind and before you know it it all just gets really ugly. Don't do it.
  8. M

The Single Speed Thread

I usually run 32:18 in the Pines on a 29er. Bring on the Melburn spinners, the southerners are pretty thin on the entry list. www.ssnats.org.au
  9. M

The Single Speed Thread

2010 Australian Single Speed Nationals Hey, only 25 days to go and entries are filling up fast. The pallet of Coopers is about to be delivered, there's lots of swag to be given away (three frames, a complete bike and still counting) and the trail fairies are secretly carving new trails through...
  10. M

Australian Single Speed Championship 2010

I was thinking QZ but really, if they're hairy they should be there. And btw, it's starting to look a bit like the ACT SS championships so come on interstate types don't let the nation down.
  11. M

Australian Single Speed Championship 2010

Hmmm, only 25 days to go and entries are filling up fast. The pallet of Coopers is about to be delivered, there's lots of swag to be given away (three frames, a complete bike and still counting) and the trail fairies are secretly carving new trails through the undergrowth. So you'd better hurry...
  12. M

The Single Speed Thread

2010 Single Speed Nationals Majura Pines, Canberra 10-12 September. Put it in your diary and spread the word. We'll have a website up and running soon.
  13. M

29er Single Speed Gearing?

Hey Benny. I run 32x18 for most things and 32x20 for big climbs and enduros. 32x18 will climb most things (although I am running 180 cranks), it'll just shag you out quicker in longer races.