Search results

1. F

SCUM 30/60/90 December 12: Nowra

being a scum member, it was great to see so many out of towners make the trip down to have a crack at our event! The feedback seems to be very positive and I'm sure all at scum were stoked with the turnout and glad to see so many enjoyed our trails which included two of our club tracks, being...
  2. F

still no more rain, forecast is looking slightly optimistic, (fingers crossed)!!!!!!
  3. F

the rain has stopped here in callala! They say the worst is behind us. (Unfortunatley, (they) is bailey on Ch 10 news). THinking positive, if we have a good couple of days, it'll be a great event. COuldnt be any wetter than the Husky enduro ,.....could it. Fingers crossed for a good couple of...
  4. F

Are Race Entries costing too much?

Agree with those that think enduros have got too expensive. After years of enjoying mtb enduros, im voting with my wallet and leaving my spot to those who want it more and are prepared to fork out the coin! Looks like local SCUM races only for me from now on with maybe one enduro a year...
  5. F

Coolendel Weekend

Unfortunatley cant make it. It conflicts with my heavy training schedule for the Hawaii Ironman (thats training the left arm to sink as many stubbies as I can whilst watching the ironman on tv). Spewing though, the coolendel wknd is one of the most enjoyable wknds of the year as far as mtb and...
  6. F

Husky 100 - new date June 20th

If your not busy at the moment, you should come back down. Its just started raining again.Mud, mud and more mud. I think the weather gods might of thought that we took to much water out of the puddles over the weekend and decided to top them back up! Great timing though, All the fire trails...
  7. F

Great Work Matt, Amanda and all the Blackheart crew. Totally enjoyable day, Lots of puddles, didn't seem to matter after the second one, it was a case of , well feet are satched so lets just trudge through it! Great use of the local Callala trails. That grinding sandy climb at the end of the...
  8. F

No rain in callala today, Lots of strong mud drying westerlys. Looks like we're in for a good weekend. In comparison to the Capital Punishment, the trails around here are exhibiting desert like properties and should be a fast flowing ride. Superbowl track is a little sketchy on the descent...
  9. F

Rode parts of the track yesterday on the northern side of the forest rd. Has dried out considerably, but still could do with more wind and sun. The fireroads that were like glue a week ago are less tacky, but there are certainly lines to take to keep out of the wet. The tracks should be in great...
  10. F

2010 Angry Doctor

I agree, I love my MTB and enjoy being at the events, but I wont be rushing out to spend my hard earned to travel all over the countryside anymore. Why are these events so expensive? How come we can race at a club event for $5-10, and we're up for $120+ to for these enduros. But people don't...
  11. F

I live 5 min ride from the trails comprising of the "Callala 100". Its pissing down at the moment and the weekend SCUM races at the Butterfly track have already been called off. Lets hope the weather gods give us all they've got all weekend and then give us a couple of weeks of sunshine like the...
  12. F

Capital Punishment is GO

Had been looking forward to this event for weeks, but drove to the start and decided not to ride. Figured, there was a high probability of doing more than $130 worth of damage to the bike. Really disappointed driving home, that the weather has dampened the event. With now the 2nd event in a few...
  13. F

NSW Enduro Series - Singletrack Mind

Hi Kel, looking forward to seeing all of your photos, and would like to thank you for all the time you put in, in taking them, you must of spent atleast 7 of the 8 hours on track. Seen you in heaps of different spots. Looking forward to seeing all of the photos on the back firetrail where that...
  14. F

Capital Punishment is GO

I have entered CP but have only ridden sparrow hill. Could anybody enlighten me how we cross canberra. I'm assuming we have to cross roads through canberra somewhere to get to stromlo. Is a more detailed map of the course available anywhere.