Search results

1. S

Sold Box 7 DiveTrain- Sold

Item: Box 01 7 speed RD, shifter and Box 02 cassette Location Alice Springs, approx $18 to mail anywhere in Aus. Item Condition: Really good. it hasn’t done many kms as you can see from the cassette. A scrape or two on the RD but pretty minor. Reason for selling: Used this to make my Single...
  2. S

2019 Specialized Stumpy Evo

Specialized Stumpy EVO Frame -650B version in size S3 Rear shock - Fox Float DPX2 210x52.5 Front shock/fork - 160mm Cane Creek Helm Coil w/70-90kg spring Handlebars - Race Face SixC 800mm wide Stem - 50mm RF Turbine Headset - FSA Grips - Sensus Saddle - Specialized Phenom Seatpost - X Fusion...
  3. S

AM Straight from the fuckwits forum...

I've been happily riding my single speed Kona Explosif for a while. But was feeling the urge to upgrade after selling another bike left some cash burning a hole in my pocket. The parts are pretty fine, so I was looking at a frame upgrade to suite the bit I already own. I caught the...
  4. S

Sold Dvo Topaz 200x51 SOLD!

Item: DVO Topaz Shock 200 x 51 or 7.785 x 200 Location:Alice Springs, Northern Territory Item Condition:pretty good. A few scuffs but the shaft is perfect. I used it for a bit over a year. Reason for selling: only got a hardtail now! Price and price conditions: $350 plus freight Extra...
  5. S

Talas Vs. Float 36.

I have just bought a 2016 Float 36 from my LBS. yay! but in the box I've found a Talas! It's a 160 fork for a 127mm Yeti SB5c so I don't think that it's a bad idea. but I know the older Talas models didn't ride as well as floats. Fox have modified the travel adjust system since then but does...
  6. S

Shimano Slashes Prices.

Anyone know anything about this? Is it only in North America or will we see cheaper prices at our local LBS? http://nsmb.com/shimano-slashes-prices/
  7. S

Canfield Nimble 9, with all the trimmings.

I did intend on doing a build thread for this latest project but I got a little excited and jumped the gun! I'm certainly not a one bike kind of guy. In fact I have a nice little quiver of bikes in the shed, one for uphill, one for downhill, one for training (covered in cobwebs). But the...
  8. S

Sold! - Lapierre 2013 ProRace Frame

Item: Lapierre ProRace 729 Frame 2013 Location: Alice Springs, NT (Don't worry, I'll cover the freight) Item Condition: Brand Spanking New Size: Large Reason for selling: This was a project that was never going to be finished! Price and price conditions: $950 Extra Info: This is a sweet...
  9. S

And now for something a little different...

If you look in the issue-before-last of Revolution mag you’ll find a photo of me under the headline “Lucky Barstards”. Yep, and that’s exactly how I felt when I got the call from the editor giving me the good news, thanks JT! After a few months faffing around trying to get her perfect I think...
  10. S

Cross threaded the bottom bracket on my old Craftworks hardtail

Hi Rotarians Dumbest thing ever... I'm a bit of a cluts when it comes to fixing bikes but this one takes the cake. While cleaning and reinstalling the (external thread Shim. Deor) bottom bracket on a 10 year old'ish Craftworks frame I managed to crossthread the drive side and F&#^ the...
  11. S

Shipping Bikes Overseas.

My partner and I traveling to Canada for a couple years and I'm looking for the best (read cheapest) way to send a bike. We plan on traveling through Europe to begin with so I'm not sure I want to be lugging it though a few dozen countries/dodgy airlines before I get there. Anyone tried this...