Search results

1. Magura

The skunk factory....

I have a couple of new types of pulleys that needs to be tested anyway, so if it is possible to fit them in, I think we can sort both you and me out this way. I had kinda hoped that more people would be interested in testing, but with you in on this, at least I get twice as much testing...
  2. Magura

Future Fail?

The Nuvinchi hub actually works, and is still used for less performance oriented bikes. Regarding the Kestrel, it actually also worked, but the advantage of the design did not make up for the tremendous cost at the time. I recall riding one in the mid nineties sometime, not a bad ride at...
  3. Magura

Flat Pedal Survey

Did survey. Here is the pedal mentioned in the comments: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=11407 Magura :)
  4. Magura

Which mudguard?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=10679 I second this recommendation. As I live in a country where it rains 200 days a year, I have been forced to gain some experience with mudguards. Speed-Stuff makes a similar mudguard, that is a bit wider, which is also very nice...
  5. Magura

Are you able to get 661 full face helmet padding

Yes, some models have replaceable padding. Chainreaction offers most of what there is from 661. Magura :)
  6. Magura

Perplexing DT Swiss 240s hub problem

Either that, or a bearing seat has been damaged. It can only be one of those two reasons. Magura :)
  7. Magura

The skunk factory....

Is this a general problem of Sram pulleys ? If so, it would be interesting to solve I guess. Can you get a new plastic pulley to use as model? Magura :)
  8. Magura

Knee Pads

The same can be said about Maze knee/shin protectors. They're cheap, and definitely not! worth the money. Magura :)
  9. Magura

Goodrige Hoses... That good?

Frensham, you just made a MONSTER no-no! Never question peoples religion, I tell you the wast majority will not be happy to hear that they are buying religion and not much else ;) I got myself into a discussion with a whole lot of angry people that way a couple of days ago... As quoted...
  10. Magura

Goodrige Hoses... That good?

Exactly my thought when I read that post. I would sooo love to be able to change like 4 factors at the time, and be able to distinguish between which of them that made a difference ;) Magura :)
  11. Magura

Name and Shame the tyre kicker!

Tyre kickers are a true pain, I agree. They are just very hard to do anything to avoid. On the other end of the scale, I can name at least two from this board, whom did the opposite. That being putting something up for sale, that when wanting to buy, they go like "oh I don't really have the...
  12. Magura

How to remove the bottom bracket crank bearings ?

Have you observed that one side may have left turned thread? Magura :) EDIT: A photo of your bottom bracket, or a brand and type, would make it much easier to help you.
  13. Magura

Future Fail?

I think it's time to start a new topic, as this spin-off is destroying the original purpose of this thread. http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?219715-The-skunk-factory.... Magura :)
  14. Magura

Hello! Welcome! Who are you?

How old are you? 35 What state do you live? Uhmn, Denmark ;) How long have you been riding? As long as I can remember Whats styles of riding do you do? Started out with BMX, then went to XC and road, now trail and road How often do you ride? Almost every day in the summer half of the...
  15. Magura

The skunk factory....

Time to get this stuff out of the fashion bike thread. This thread actually started here: http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?213443-Future-Fail&p=2316144&viewfull=1#post2316144 To continue where it stopped..... Thanks for the flowers ;) Calling this stuff inventions, is maybe a...
  16. Magura

What's your chain lube/s..?

This is a piece of very good advice! WD40, or something that even resembles that stuff, should be banned:mad: The crap can even attack electronic components, now how's that for a lubricant? :rolleyes: Magura :)
  17. Magura

What's your chain lube/s..?

I made some semi scientific tests of chain lube, a while back when working a coach for a mtb club. Tri-Flow is by far better than any bike specific lube out there, no matter what conditions. Chains lasting more than twice as long in some cases, especially the FinishLine dry wax was...
  18. Magura

Future Fail?

I almost forgot about this one. Made of Kevlar without any carbon. It could be fun to get some kilometers into some of them, but I'm not done testing the previous pair yet, you know, the ones prior to the ones of nanotubes :rolleyes: Magura :)
  19. Magura

Future Fail?

A pity you're live that far from here (here being Denmark), or you could have been crash test dummy on some of my projects. That would at least have kept your mates wondering for a while ;) I hope to be working on a Kevlar reinforced polycarbonate bash ring/chain guide soon, and opposed to...
  20. Magura

Not another farkin Glory(2011)

That's a nice ride you got there, and judging from the wear on your cranks (about the same level of wear as mine), you even actually ride :cool: Magura :)