Search results

1. 1

Tyres

I've heard here and there that the Kenda Nevegals are not that great a tyre (?). a) is this true? b) what would you recommend for freeride/light downhill riding?
  2. 1

Styles

Just wondering, I've been out of mountain biking for probably about 6+ years now, and am getting back into it. I'm just a little confused as to all the styles there are now. Downhill and Cross Country is self explanatory, as is Dirt Jumping...I think. But Freeride, 4x(?), and All Mountain...
  3. 1

Scott MTB shoes

Does anyone here know where I can get my hands on Scott MTB shoes in Melbourne? In particular I'm after the Scott Trail shoes, but not many stores seem to stock them, any ideas? Thanks
  4. 1

Fox DHX 4.0 Air

Alright, I've been reading up on this shock as it's on the new bike I'm getting. Now I'm totally confused. Can someone explain, in layman's terms!, what all the adjustments actually DO. I sort of understand ProPedal but not really, and I don't see how it relates to the boost valve....I...
  5. 1

Light Pedals

Just wondering - I'm picking up my Reign 1 in a few weeks and I need to get some pedals for it. I want clip-in pedals and I'm thinking of the Shimano DX but they're a little over 1/2 a kilo. Is there anything better that's lighter? I know it's not the end of the world at 500 odd grams, but...
  6. 1

Hi

Just another newbie saying hi. After a long hiatus from mountain-biking, I've just put a deposit down on the 2010 Giant Reign 1. Can't wait to get it and hit the trails again! Great site by the way, was a big help in researching bikes and user opinions :D