Search results

1. J

ACT Sold

Sold 10 characters
  2. J

ACT Sold

Item: Giant Contact SL switch dropper post Location: Canberra ACT Item Condition: Unused Reason for selling: Taken off new bike for KS Lev Price and price conditions: $150 Extra Info: 100mm drop / 30.9mm seatpost diameter Pictures: Yep
  3. J

Crankset compatibility

Bit of a noob question - I'm considering a set of these cranks for my 2010 Voltage FR. Will they fit given the dual chainring, or is that just something I can remove? I've got a Howitzer bottom bracket so no problems there. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
  4. J

Are there any Canberra people around?

As the title says, the crickets are chirping in this section. Is anyone around, particularly downhillers?
  5. J

All Mountain Wheelsets

What wheelsets are you running, and are you happy with the performance? Weight and bike model details might be useful too. I've got a WTB Trail wheelset, and it's just not strong enough - I don't think it's designed for this kind of riding. I'm knocking the rear one out of true every time I...
  6. J

Marin Rocky Ridge

Picked this up today. It's light for what it is (just over 12kg) and I really like the geometry. Only thing I'm worried about is the strength of the wheelset, I suspect I'll destroy them. Specs are here. Everything is as standard except the horrible pedals, which I've replaced with some cheap...
  7. J

Stromlo beginner DH

Recently I've been riding the start of the Western Wedgetail down to the fire road and then joining Skyline, then onto the "berm track". It's good fun, but I'm looking for something a bit more challenging but easier than the proper DH track. Apparently Western Wedgetail is the start of the...
  8. J

WARNING: Isaacs DH track

Hi Canberra people (and anyone who may be thinking of travelling here soon) I went out to the Isaacs DH track today and it had been vandalised - it happened overnight or early today, because I walked the track yesterday and it was fine. Some idiots had put a lot of effort into ruining the...
  9. J

Hi from Canberra

Hi all Been browsing here for a while, and thought it was about time to post an intro and start contributing/asking dumb questions. A few months ago I bought a cheap mountain bike to keep fit for motorcycle racing, and now I've discovered that mountain biking is almost as good! I've been...