Search results

1. S

Split crown race?

Sweeeeet! Thanks mate
  2. S

Split crown race?

In the process of swapping forks over and when I took the old forks out the crown race came off by hand as it was split. First thought was new headset but when I cleaned it up and tried it on the new forks there is now way it could fit if it was a complete circle. Am I missing something or is...
  3. S

Presta valves in schrader hole?

I was just curious if it could be done as I have some laying around. I tried to see if I could buy any locally but came up withe nothing. Either the valve hole reducer or the schrader valve stem.
  4. S

Presta valves in schrader hole?

I want to convert my rims to tubeless but they have holes drilled for schrader valves. Just wondering if the presta valve stems will work?
  5. S

26" forks or bike upgrade?

Na mate. Need tapered steerer. It makes sense to get the 27.5" forks but I'm still not sure about the extra a to c length over the 26""?
  6. S

Not too fussed on the slight change in geometry in the way it rides. More worried about to much stress on the head tube. The frame specs have a recommended a/c height of 490mm and max height of 500mm. Just checked specs, slants (26") is 25mm over max height. Sweeps are 31mm over. Need to draw...
  7. S

That sounds good but I'm already pushing the recommended a/c height by 20mm if I go the slants.
  8. S

I've been getting around on a 26" commencal meta sl (120mm) for a few years now and still love it but am thinking of getting some xfusion slants at 140mm to beef up the front end. The roughcut version is about $850 from from diymtb. My question is, is it worth while spending that much money on...
  9. S

X fusion 2014 v 2016

Cheers guys for all the feedback. I didn't realise the damper was available on its own. Working out prices, I think I'm still better off just going straight to the slant rough cut rather than buying an older mode and fitting the new damper. Bikeyoulongtime, the forks will be going on a 2013...
  10. S

X fusion 2014 v 2016

I'm looking at buying a set of slants but can't find any info on what, if any differences there are between theses models. The reason I ask is that crc is selling the 2016 model for $680 and (going by photos) it looks like ubyk has the 2014 model for $560. If anyone could shed some light, that...
  11. S

SOLD.. Syntace W-35 26" wheelset on Dt350 hubs with maxis tyres

Can you convert the rear hub to 142mm?
  12. S

SA Sold please delete

Hey mate, what year are these?
  13. S

And yet another Banshee Rune sortof

Sick of seeing black on black on black. So efin boring! Rock the colours mate. I've got a bright yellow commencal meta and after seeing your ride I feel like doing something out there just to piss people off
  14. S

Sold please delete

How much would you sell for without cranks?
  15. S

QLD Sold

Pm sent. Keen as!
  16. S

Wylde MTB trail Western Sydney Parklands

Just wondering how the track is holding up? Haven't seen a track status update for a while.
  17. S

What grease to buy for pedal installation and general bike maintenance?

Left and right hand thread specific loctite. Are you taking the piss!
  18. S

Chain length difference 36t v 40t

I'm fixing up an old hardtail with a 1x10 setup with an 11-36 cassette but am thinking of trying out the oneup 40t cog. What I'm wondering is if I can set up my new drivetrain properly with enough chain length to accommodate the larger cog in the future?
  19. S

Older model deraileur hangers

Cheers knuckles, just ordered two for twenty bucks delivered. Cheep as chips!
  20. S

Older model deraileur hangers

I'm currently freshening up an old hardtail at the moment and want to replace the old derailleur hanger but I'm having trouble finding my model. The frame is a 2007 diamondback bsx comp. I have checked derailleurhanger.com but they seem to have every model but mine. Can anyone help?