Search results

1. J

Stromlo DH Condition: Rider feedback wanted

Will be there on Saturday to help anywhere I can :)
  2. J

Sold!!!

Sold, please remove :)
  3. J

Sold!!!

Bump, keen to see it gone, PM any offers.
  4. J

Sold!!!

Oh sorry mate, didn't realise, dont really know my glorys well enough, updated! Thanks very much. Can't really let it go for that price sorry, need to cover the cost of my new rig.
  5. J

Sold!!!

Keen to sell!!! BUMP. Make an offer, Just taking up space.
  6. J

Sold!!!

Item: 2007 Giant Glory Medium Location: Canberra but regularly travel to Lithgow. Pickup only or can deliver in those areas Item Condition: Used but still in good condition. Reason for selling: Needed a larger bike. Price and price conditions: $1200 or make an offer, am after a fast sale...
  7. J

From CORC's website: '*** Important Note: under no circumstances should unauthorised trails work be undertaken at Stromlo Forest Park, including the pruning of vegetation *** CORC works with both TVE and Makin Trax on the mtb trails at Stromlo Forest Park. If you would like to be...
  8. J

I assume whoever is currently responsible for the maintenance, if it’s a professional company, would be getting paid for such responsibilities? Surely if some of the track work was done by volunteers it would leave more money to be put back into the track? Well... works in theory right?
  9. J

Dedication of Canberra riders is fairly obvious already I think, but I do somewhat agree with you, If the locals could maintain it, would be in far better condition. Just looks a little sus trudging up the mountain with a wheel barrow and shovel, "no sir, I'm not digging, its my new downhill...
  10. J

It has been said before, the riders who go there often are simply not allowed to maintain it, I have no doubt that if they were the track would be in much better condition.
  11. J

Whoops....
  12. J

Needs some work... I have to agree with swatto90, the water has created massive ruts which cause some issues with carrying speed (although I'm not a very experienced rider). I still enjoy riding there regularly, the middle section (after the bridge) is in ok shape. Wouldn't hurt for the grass...
  13. J

canberra rides

I'm pretty slow but always keen for a ride. Mostly ride Stromlo and Majura, have my full license but my little VW can't fit more then one bike. Would definately be up for something next weekend.
  14. J

New to Canberra

Sorry to dig up my old intro thread but was just wondering, I recently got a Giant Glory and am interested in starting to race. I noticed CORC has downhill club races every month. Would these be a good place to start? I don't at all consider myself a fast rider and wasn't sure how serious...
  15. J

Blue Mountain Downhill Riders.

I'm still definately in!
  16. J

Awesome, thanks very much.
  17. J

tag along Wondering if you guys would mind if i tagged along? I'm from Lithgow but living in Canberra at the moment and will be back for the weekend. I have a car but no way to transport more then one bike but I'm happy to take some people to the top.
  18. J

New to Canberra

Hey there, Just thought I would introduce myself, I'm Joss and I moved to Canberra to study at the start of this year. I have been riding for about 8 months on a Giant STP, like taking it downhill and around the Stromlo 4x track. Thought I should join the forum because I'm pretty new to the...