Search results

1. A

Modifying D2R Shadow Trainer for 11 speed and ANT+ speed sensor

Forgive the thread dig, but a few questions for the others with this trainer who run a power meter - Do you find it difficult to hold powers for certain lengths which are pretty simple on the road? For instance, 2x20mins at threshold are unachievable on this with the resistance pumped up...
  2. A

29er geometry for the taller rider

When I wacked this up - I really didn't expect much, but I am really impressed with all the well thought out responses. Thanks everyone. To answer a few points, - The lurching isn't coming from when sitting down, but mostly when standing, which, I guess in hindsight, puts my centre of...
  3. A

29er geometry for the taller rider

Hi all Looking for some advice on the geometry and set up of my 29er as well as geo in general for those on larger frames. My Lurcher below, leaves me very unimpressed and I generally leave most rides unfulfilled and unhappy with the ride quality. A lot of the time I'm ready to blame my skills...
  4. A

*** sold ***

Hey mark Do you know if the powermeter was the version manufactured after September 2012?
  5. A

Sold

Item is SOLD!
  6. A

Capital Punishment 2012

Website says all. http://www.arocsport.com.au/MTB_Capital/mtb_capital_briefing.html Under Transportation/Logistics.
  7. A

Wanted - Half OR Full Fling ticket

Hey, yep I am still looking. PM sent.
  8. A

bump! Still looking for a ticket!
  9. A

Hey RB, Bit of a long shot - I'd like to buy someone's Half OR Full Fling ticket if they are no longer able to attend. I've been training a fair bit to give this event my first go, and I want it to be a red hot one! I'm a 24hr shift worker unfortunately so ringing is probably out...
  10. A

Rocky Trail's SHIMANO MTB Grand Prix Series 2011

Plus the beginner's track at the start.
  11. A

Can a "Trail" bike be raced?

I'm on a Trance X1 2011 coming from my first mountain bike being a Giant XTC 29er 2010. I'm faster than I ever was on single track and climb just as fast, if not faster on the trance than I was on a 29er Hard tail mountain goat - and the trance has some weight on the 29er. I haven't...
  12. A

Still ride a 26"?

I started out on a 29er... rode that for a year - then got fed up and got a dually 26er... people I ride with say I'm a lot faster - and I know for certain that I am having way much more fun than I ever had on a 29er. I just didn't enjoy myself. Sure, I'm probably lower on fire roads now...
  13. A

CRC - Possible Credit Card fraud

Yeah, mine was also a purchase at 'Gatwick'. Although they made 2 other fake payments - fake because one was charged in a way to make it look like it was US itunes store, and another from Bond University on the Gold Coast. Don't know how you can make it look like those things, but they did. And...
  14. A

CRC - Possible Credit Card fraud

My bank notified me today about my card - on checking the account it seems I've been done too! I haven't used my card for anything in the last 4ish months, except a purchase on CRC in March - so it's got to be this - and the other stuff was low risk stuff like rego payment etc. A little...
  15. A

ACT Sold - please delete

Bump. Price Drop.
  16. A

ACT Sold - please delete

Bump. Brand new brakes. Never used, or even attached to a bike in anyway shape or form.
  17. A

ACT Sold - please delete

... bump...
  18. A

carbon xtc 29er specs

Technically not going back. I've never ridden a 26er on dirt. My 29er (bought May 2010), was my first foray into mountain biking... and I was put on a XL by the shop cause they had one there - literally fitted by the 'aww yeah, looks good' method by the guy there. And as I didn't know much...
  19. A

carbon xtc 29er specs

I should have said I 'read' ... http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/news/article/giant-announce-new-xtc-composite-hardtail-range-29727 I've also read on a few forums that bikes have started arriving in LBS in US. but meh... I've sold my xtc 29er... im going back to 26er :P
  20. A

carbon xtc 29er specs

Well considering 2012 bikes are in stores well before 2012 comes around and that some stores in the USA are already getting deliveries... I've heard June.