Search results

1. M

Alkaline Diet

Anyone know anything about this? It seems to make sense but it also looks a bit like a bit too obvious, if it was authentic, surely everyone would have been onto it years ago?
  2. M

Giant Anthem X2 or suggest alternatives?

I have had a great introduction to MTB over the last say 3 years. Absolutely loving it, getting a lot fitter and racing XC occassionally out at WSMTB. I am 43, getting fitter and generally tooling around at the back of the pack in D grade at WSMTB. I have been riding my first bike being a 2006...
  3. M

WSMTB Blue Gum on Sunday

I have been looking forward to getting back to Blue Gum this year for the WSMTB round. I have mixed feelings now because a) I havent ridden/trained enough and b) the thought of "Palletive Care" in the wet does my head in. What effect is this rain going to have for Sunday?
  4. M

Mt Annan

Today was the second leg of my Tour De Easter and it was my first ride of the MTB trail at Mt Annan. Let me say first up that it is great to see a new MTB facility provided in this area and it is a great resource that will give more people a taste of this great sport. Now that I have got...
  5. M

Awaba

I rode Awaba for the first time yesterday and I rode the whole first loop with a grin on my face. What a great trail. I love watching those "Ride Guide" MTB shows on foxtel of guys flowing through Canadian & US forests and riding Awaba yesterday is the closest I can imagine to that experience...
  6. M

Tour De Easter....fourth leg

Guys I am after your advice... This easter break due to circumstances my wife & kids will be away and I am looking at the opportunity to squeeze in some serious riding. I have planned to ride one great track a day for the four days. The three I have planned are Yellomundee (ridden lots at...
  7. M

UCI MTB World Cup Television?

The UCI World Cups kick off next week. any idea who/when it is being telecast? I am sure that it will turn up on foxtel a couple of months later as ahighlight package but is anyone televising the event?
  8. M

My Southern Sojourn

Just got back from a family holiday at Canberra & Lake Crackenback. Had a fantastic time and managed to get a lot of riding in as well which was great. Canberra - Rode Mt stromlo for the first time, with my son and it was fantastic. Was nervous that it would live up to the hype here and...
  9. M

Things to do at Mt Stromlo

Other than riding? I am going down there this weekend with my family and it will probably just be my oldest son & I riding, and was wondering if there is anything else for the family to do whilst we are out enjoying ourselves? My younger son is a space nut and I was planning on him...
  10. M

Wsmtb club championships yellowmundee

This has been my first year mucking around racing in the WSMTB XC Series at Yellomundee. I notice that the next race is the club championships and not a round of the series. Is this still a race for all comers (DL on the day) or is it just for club members who have series points?
  11. M

AWABA on the weekend

Thinking of heading up there for the first time this weekend to ride XC. Couple of questions if I can? 1. I am just a beginner/intermediate, is it a suitable track for this level? My 14yo son who is about the same standard will be with me. Any real tricky bits? 2. Also taking my wife &...
  12. M

BC Bike Race

Some months ago, I raved on about how good this event looked after seeing it on Foxtel. At the time there were a few guys here just about to go over and race it. I havent seen any reviews yet. If you guys are here....how did it go, what was it like?
  13. M

How To.....

I am a real beginner to MTB, but I love it. Trying to get as many rides in as I can, and have ridden in 3 rounds of WSMTB XC series. I have a question for you more experienced and better riders. Is there any sort of "how to" for XC MTB riding. What I mean is there a book or website that...
  14. M

Heart Rate Monitor advice?

Not sure if it is the correct thread to post this but I am going to buy a HR monitor to assist my training. Does anyone have any recommendations? Is there any that have a iPhone or similar interface?
  15. M

My Backyard Track

Over the last 6 months I have become passionate about mtb riding. I am also lucky enough to live on 5 acres and I thougth it was about time I had a crack as some sort of track for the kids and I to ride on. This is my first effort at it, I hope to add to it over time.
  16. M

Yellowmundee on the weekend...

I took my family out there on the weekend to try to introduce my wife to the sport. My previous total experience of Yellowmundee was only of the novice track. I took a lap of the entire trail and all I could say was WOW! Had a great time and it was cool finding all the new experiences, the...
  17. M

Results 2005 Nationals (First at Homebush)

I was wondering if anyone has the results or can point me to the results of this event? Reason I am asking so late after the event is that I have only just recently become involved in MTB and I love it. I ride/race XC like a beginner but really enjoy watching the UCI 4X & DH as well. The...
  18. M

MTB in Fiji

Taking the family to Fiji in 6 weeks. Staying at Denarau, west coast near Nadi. Does anyone have any experience of MTB in Fiji. With the nearby mountains and gorgeous scenery it would be a great day out. I have had a google and it wasnt encouraging.
  19. M

Gear Selection 101

I am relative newbie (seems every post I make starts with that) and would appreciate some advice. I rode the Oaks on the weekend and besides being great fun, I gave myself a pretty good lesson on a few aspects of MTB riding. One thing I am thinking about now though is if I am really...
  20. M

Posting a URL in my Sig?

*DELETED* - > I found the search function. Couldnt be bothered getting trading access just to post a link.